baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

Liz Olsen in the ATJ role, Nic Cage in the Liz Olsen role

If they'd switched Liz Olsen and ATJ's characters around it'd be a very noticeable uptick in quality from that alone.

• Like 2

I've seen Pacific Rim 1.63 times.

More or less.

I saw it 0.97 times. Pretty sure I fell asleep for a couple of minutes in the theater. 

• Like 2

Having seen Monsters years ago and then hearing he was hired to do Godzilla, I was super excited.  He was the perfect guy to do it.

He just needs a little help working on that script next time.

He got the right visual flair, give him a solid and well-balanced script with well rounded and interesting characters (what Godzilla lacks) and he'll do wonders since he's as keen on letting intimate characters moments seep in as bringing the goods in big spectacle.

• Like 3

• Founder / Operator

Think about how much better PacRim would've been with Nic Cage in the Hunnam role.

Or Godzilla with Nic Cage in the ATJ role

Or Man of Steel in the Man of Steel role.

:ph34r:

• Like 3

Nicolas Cage for the Sally Hawkins role. Every time Watanabe gives an open-mouth stare Cage makes a classic Cage face at him

Edited by Numbers of House Stark
  • Like 2

Why didn't the Cloverfield sequel happen? This Godzilla proves the domestic demand is still incredibly high for the subject matter, although Cloverfield disappeared after it's OW (horrible legs in January) but did well on home release.

There were plans for one but they seem to have gone away.

The lead woman in Monsters looks criminally hot in that film. Not much of an actress, but damn, Scoot was pulling down at the time. I believe she was awarded the role because they were dating. Actually, speaking of Scoot, maybe he'll have a role in Godzilla's sequel.

Posted Image

Edward's must like the hairstyle. Binoche wears hers similarly in Godzilla.

• Like 3

The 30 second role of a lifetime.

I thought we would see her in flashbacks later on...But no that was it. LOL. Now I understand her interview back then when asked about Godzilla, she was elusive like "Well, there's not much to tell about the script, that's Hollywood. Edwards just craved for me to be in this movie, I ended up accepting because he was nice to me. End of story."

• Like 3