baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I've never seen The Host. How is it? Also IMHO Godzilla 2014 had social commentary. It's just not heavy-handed. It's subtle like Gojira's.

What exactly is the social commentary? It's apparently so subtle it's not there at all.
  • Like 5

What better time to watch The Host if haven't already than during Godzilla's opening week in theaters. Trust me. Just watch. It's fantastic. Works on more levels than most films. And, doesn't hide the monster at all. It's strange hybrid... Part Godzilla, part Strangelove and Part Wes Anderson.

• Like 2

What exactly is the social commentary? It's apparently so subtle it's not there at all.

The arrogance of mankind trying to control nature. Keeping the MUTO captive and then trying to use the nuke against them.

The arrogance of mankind trying to control nature. Keeping the MUTO captive and then trying to use the nuke against them.

It's so subtle there's dialogue in the movie that says exactly what you just said?

• Like 6

GINSBERG from mad men is totally that main girl's new boyfriend at the party at the beginning of cloverfield. holy shit.

I don't wanna know how he woo'd her.

Probably used the "we gotta make babies" pickup line

• Like 4