baumer

Wknd Estimates: Godzilla - 93.2M

I'm seeing Million Dollar Arm in three hours, and it's honestly the most excited I've been for a movie all year

Good luck, have fun and be yourself.And remember anal is for the second date. ;)
  • Like 2

Highly doubt The Host would work as a good Godzilla film. I know enough about it that as a Godzilla film it'd be terrible.

It works on multiple levels and being a good Godzilla homage is one of those multiple levels. That's how good and mind-blowing this movie is, managed to juggle multiple tones (social satire, monster movie, drama, action) and layers while still being a tight and masterful movie with its own flair and style.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

It's not a Godzilla film. It's The Host. Just watch it and find out.

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that dashrendar saying it'd be a good Godzilla film is just ludicrous. 

• Founder / Operator

I'm seeing Million Dollar Arm in three hours, and it's honestly the most excited I've been for a movie all year

Can't wait to check it out either. I'm a sucker for a feel-good baseball movie.

I can stream MLB 14: the Show on PS4 for you and you can get a feel good baseball movie right there! I'm on a 45 game hitting streak...I'm going for DiMaggio.

• Like 2

There is more social commentary in one shot of The Host than the entire Godzilla 2014. The Host was a better Godzilla than Godzilla 2014.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hell, there's more scathing commentary in the inspired design of the monster in The Host than anything in any of the aforementioned monster flicks.

• Like 1

I was talking about the themes of the film. Not the backstory of the monsters.

"The arrogance of Man is thinking Nature is in under our control"

You can't be more obvious and unsubtle at exposing the theme when you serve it on a silver plate with a character speaking it loudly to the audience out of whack.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Oh, I think the movie will just be okay. I'm excited for other reasons

Although I still have a stuffed nose :(

I'm not saying it is. I'm saying that dashrendar saying it'd be a good Godzilla film is just ludicrous. 

I said The Host is a better Godzilla in spirit than Godzilla 2014 as an allegory. And human characters are much more compelling and three dimensional. I mean just the daddy character is a riot to watch. In the course of the movie, you find him pathetic, dumb, endearing, comical, heroic, desperate. I really felt for his plea. That oddball family of his is just so lovable, you just root for them. The monster is also fascinating as it is goofy, terrifying and beautiful to watch dive gracefully. That's the Host, marrying lot of antonymic qualities in an homogenic ensemble.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

Just saw about 3 ads for Maleficent in one break.

it's gonna be awful. it's gonna be huge.

Freaking Maleficent

I refuse to write a trailer for that shit. Y'all be getting A Million Ways to Troll on the Forums instead next week

The arrogance of mankind trying to control nature. Keeping the MUTO captive and then trying to use the nuke against them.

Okay, a one-off line of dialogue doesn't count as social commentary.  Any movie could do that.

To me, if a movie is really trying to say something, it has to permeate throughout the entire feature.  This is why it's so hard to pull of because it's incredibly easy to go way overboard and then it becomes too heavy handed and/or on-the-nose.

• Like 1

Freaking Maleficent

I refuse to write a trailer for that shit. Y'all be getting A Million Ways to Troll on the Forums instead next week

Hopefully Sharlto Copley goes into Elysium mode, then it'll be worth it.

• Like 4