Punishment

Weekend Actuals 5/16-5/18 Zilla 93.2, Neigh 25.1, ASM 16.8, MDA 10.5

:P@BillSimmons: Million Dollar Arm got a CinemaScore of A-minus from audiences leaving the movie on Friday... Godzilla got a B-plus. MORAL VICTORY.

The marketing needed more quotes from Bill Simmons like Lone Survivor did. That's what it was missing

• Like 3

Can TASM2 drop almost 60% this weekend?  DOFP has good reviews so far, is tracking for 120m and its targeting pretty much the same audience.

over the 3-day it can.

edit:

tasm1 dropped 68% against tdkr. some things that will mitigate that:

- memorial day weekend

- tdkr was 175m opener and an event film

- tasm2 will be weekend 4 as opposed to weekend 3 so some more stability is likely.

- tasm1's pre-tdkr weekend had competition from ice age's 46m. tasm2 has faced godzilla and neighbors so it's already tempered down a bit.

- maybe the tragedy had an effect on tasm1's weekend, a percent point or two.

but 60% drop is defn possible.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

:lol: :lol:

One of my friends is absolutely trashing Godzilla on Facebook. Telling everyone to save their time and money.

Is it really that boring / bad?

I said yesterday that some of the Godzilla rants I've seen online are better than the movie.

• Like 2

:lol: :lol:

One of my friends is absolutely trashing Godzilla on Facebook. Telling everyone to save their time and money.

Is it really that boring / bad?

To be fair. The people that love it really love it. The people that hate it really hate it. 

To be fair. The people that love it really love it. The people that hate it really hate it. 

pretty much like that other monster movie, which too destroyed half the metropolis  :ph34r:

The complaint was that the first hour and a half was all talking. And then when the action finally started, it "sucked".

the human drama whenever the monsters aren't on screen is pretty dull.  The lead actor was also one of the most bland and emotionless that I have seen 

Edited by John Marston

the human drama whenever the monsters aren't on screen is pretty dull.  The lead actor was also one of the most bland and emotionless that I have seen 

he has the same expression in this scene and when talking to director on the sets.

Posted Image

Posted Image

maybe he showing edwards his acting chops.

Edited by a2k

The complaint was that the first hour and a half was all talking. And then when the action finally started, it "sucked".

I think the human part divides opinions, but the last 20min of the movie?

How can anyone not love that...

• Like 1