#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

They both lost around the same amount of theaters but CA2 was coming from a lesser theater counts, so the drop was expected to be even more severe. Spidey is in its 4th weekend versus 8th so i thought it should have held better at this stage of its run, especially with a Memorial day weekend.

Hell, it will have around a $8m weekend gross for three day while TTDW (which opened lower) at the same stage had a...$11M gross with CF and Frozen opening...

TTDW's $11m w/e was Thanksgiving.  The next weekend it was in the $4s

• Like 1

Wow, 3 hours? That's just for training though, right?

I just want to make sure I pass the training (there are 5 tests in 5 weeks and you have to get at least 80% on them to pass, no exceptions) before committing to moving back to Toronto.  I'm living with my brother right now and money is tight.  So once everything is good to go, then I'll move back for sure.  I will pass, there is no doubt, but I just have to be sure.

As for the commute, it's about 100 minutes in the morning, but when I leave from northern Toronto (Brampton....where Russel Peters is from), I catch all the rush hour traffic so it takes about 2.5-3 hours to get back to London.

Awesome Baumer. There are bigger things in life than movies. But the commute seems crazy. I hope you move close to your new workplace.

• Like 5

It just feels very stifling when everything happens in New York. It's taken to absurd levels in the TASMs.

That's because they basically film the movie within a few blocks.  It's a city of over 8 million that changes it's look from neighborhood to neighborhood.  That Spider-man fails to show that is a failure of the production not the city or locations available.

• Like 1

TTDW's $11m w/e was Thanksgiving.  The next weekend it was in the $4s

Sure it was and this weekend is Memorial day. 

Spidey should at least do what TTDW did.

Edited by Ent

I started training for a new job this week.  Up at 3:30AM, commute two hours, in class for 8 hours and then another 3 hour commute home.  I haven't had time for anything yet this week.   :)

Having said that, I'm seeing it in 2 hours.  

Congratulations on the new job.  But that sounds like a terrible commute.  

• Like 1

I just want to make sure I pass the training (there are 5 tests in 5 weeks and you have to get at least 80% on them to pass, no exceptions) before committing to moving back to Toronto.  I'm living with my brother right now and money is tight.  So once everything is good to go, then I'll move back for sure.  I will pass, there is no doubt, but I just have to be sure.

As for the commute, it's about 100 minutes in the morning, but when I leave from northern Toronto (Brampton....where Russel Peters is from), I catch all the rush hour traffic so it takes about 2.5-3 hours to get back to London.

Ok. Keeping fingers crossed for you. 

• Like 2

If Age of Ultron opened this may instead of next may it would've had a 97m opening weekend.

Or a 97 million OD.  

• Like 1

not going to like this post.  :( I am hoping it sees a good boost minus previews. For some reason BO seem to be depressed yesterday across the board. Have not seen any good number for holdover as well.

Maybe people traveling on Fridays?  So maybe all the movies will get a good boost tomorrow?

I don't know I am grasping at straws for Godzilla to not drop 60%+

Congratulations on the new job.  But that sounds like a terrible commute.  

Ok. Keeping fingers crossed for you. 

Thank you.  

And yes the commute sucks but it's only for another 4 weeks.

Theres a London in Canada?

MIND BLOWN...

Maybe people traveling on Fridays?  So maybe all the movies will get a good boost tomorrow?

I don't know I am grasping at straws for Godzilla to not drop 60%+

Most it will increase is perhaps 45%, based on other years.