#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

btw, i just checked and frozen has EXACTLY the same imdb and rt scores as tangled, which makes its massive success in comparison look even stranger. i guess it was in the right place at the right time(and with the right marketing).

Or maybe Tangled was in the wrong place at the wrong time :D

WALL-E is much better than FROZEN. for that matter, so is RATATOUILLE, FINDING NEMO, UP, and IRON GIANT.

No, No, No....ummm still No and definetly No.Imo.:)
  • Like 3

I swear Telemachos does not sleep. I go to bed, he's posting, I wake up, he's posting.What in the...I need to post in my sleep too.

• Like 8

It depends on the movie much more than the month of release. Open Avengers 2 in any month, it will open with at least 180m.

That makes sense.  Thanks for responding.

On average they do.  CA2 is April's biggest opening by about $10m and the movie it passed opened the last not the first weekend of April.  April doesn't even get the full effect of Spring Break that March gives.  Sometimes it benefits from Easter - but that's not exactly Memorial Day, Thanksgiving or X-Mas in terms of B.O. bumps.

May openings on average yield bigger openings and then as it gets deeper into summer and schools let out bigger weekdays  They also have tend to average bigger drops weekend to weekend since they're packed with more competition.  Even with the competition the trade-offs of a May/June/July release though are seen as an advantage.  

Seeing how CA2, Lego, Hunger Games etc have performed in Feb, March and April though may cause studios to re-consider that tradeoff.  A decade or so ago May wasn't considered the opening of summer and now it's a very if not most coveted spot. Maybe 5 years from now every studio will be fighting for the first week of April or October.  ;)

That makes even more sense.  Thanks for responding. 

We had a really good April and a sub-par May.

Oh, a wise guy, eh.  Why I oughtta :stooges:

YOU all may love Wall E more than Frozen, but how many kids were bored out of their minds? Wall E was for adults, it was obvious, hence why it did better than the 'more entertaining for kids' KFP imo. We may think so and so is better, these youngs kids probably havent seen those others, especially something like Aladdin. Frozen is not the best Disney aniamtion, Lilo and Stitch drags it, but that doesnt mean it cant be praised. Yall love Wall E for the same reason critics did, but thats not how kids think, they dont care about "character development", Frozens formula was perfect and that and the music is the reason it did what it did, whether you think its the best, 10th best, or 200th best animation ever, it deserves it. Frozen and Tangled may be tied on "IMDB" (which isnt a perfect formula), but really if you asked 20 kids whicj was better, you really think 10 will say Frozen and 10 will say Tangled? Frozen is a beast for many reasons.

• Like 5

YOU all may love Wall E more than Frozen, but how many kids were bored out of their minds? Wall E was for adults, it was obvious, hence why it did better than the 'more entertaining for kids' KFP imo. We may think so and so is better, these youngs kids probably havent seen those others, especially something like Aladdin.Frozen is not the best Disney aniamtion, Lilo and Stitch drags it, but that doesnt mean it cant be praised. Yall love Wall E for the same reason critics did, but thats not how kids think, they dont care about "character development", Frozens formula was perfect and that and the music is the reason it did what it did, whether you think its the best, 10th best, or 200th best animation ever, it deserves it. Frozen and Tangled may be tied on "IMDB" (which isnt a perfect formula), but really if you asked 20 kids whicj was better, you really think 10 will say Frozen and 10 will say Tangled? Frozen is a beast for many reasons.

hard to say cause frozen was a phenomena in a way that tangled wasn't. keep in my that when tangled was released disney's animation was seen as a clear step down from pixar, and was getting trashed on the regular online, while frozen enjoyed the legitimacy wreck-it-ralph and tangled earned. the circumstances are different.

(and i agree with you on wall e)

Edited by Last Man Standing
  • Like 1