#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

This is the one universe that Cameron created where he has total control over everything (something he never had with the Terminators). In addition, it dovetails nicely with his real-life love of space exploration, eco-systems, and the environment. I'm not surprised he wants to play around in his sandbox for awhile.

• Like 1

JC is just great at emotions in his movies. And they're naturally building up emotions that you can relate to or feel for. Not contrived nor manipulative.

That's one thing I never understood about movies accused of being manipulative. Aren't all emotional movies manipulative?
  • Like 1

Oh Jesus, more banal Avatar talk.  Can't wait to Sam Worthington's charisma in the sequel!  Hey, since hes permanently a blue thunder cat now, maybe the animators can make him seem like a better actor?

Anyways, just got back from DOFP... finally a decent summer movie.  B+.. maybe A-, I'll have to see it again on BR.  X2 is still the king of the X-Men movies IMO.

That Quicksilver scene is on par with the bag scene from Django Unchained... haven't seen a packed theater lose their shit that hard in awhile.

Edited by Ozymandias

(Wow, 30 pages since I last checked? I ain't got time for that!)

So, next weekend, Maleficent is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a modest success.

Then, TFioS is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a great success.

Then, HTTYD2 is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a mild disappointment.

Then, TF4 is going to open $90-$100m, undershooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a disappointment.

Then, DotPotA is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a good success.

Then, Jupiter Ascending is going to open $90-$100m, way overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, and will be a huge success.

Then, Hercules or Lucy is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a big success.

Then, GotG is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a very nice success.

Then, TMNT is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will blow some peoples minds.

Then, the summer is going to crap out, because it will have already been a huge success overall, despite nothing managing to hit $300m.

• Like 5

So, next weekend, Maleficent is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a modest success.

Then, TFioS is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a great success.

Then, HTTYD2 is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a mild disappointment.

Then, TF4 is going to open $90-$100m, undershooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a disappointment.

Then, DotPotA is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a good success.

Then, Jupiter Ascending is going to open $90-$100m, way overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, and will be a huge success.

Then, Hercules or Lucy is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a big success.

Then, GotG is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will be a very nice success.

Then, TMNT is going to open $90-$100m, overshooting expectations, and then finish up somewhere between $210m and $260m, which will blow some peoples minds.

Then, the summer is going to crap out, because it will have already been a huge success overall, despite nothing managing to hit $300m.

If all that came to pass, my mind would be blown

This would be most epic troll summer ever :lol:

• Like 2

This is the one universe that Cameron created where he has total control over everything (something he never had with the Terminators). In addition, it dovetails nicely with his real-life love of space exploration, eco-systems, and the environment. I'm not surprised he wants to play around in his sandbox for awhile.

He's probably waiting for the SpaceX Dragon to be man-rated so he can shoot in space.
  • Like 1