#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Let me revise, it happened in 1993 (Indecent Proposal > Cliffhanger), I didn't go further back than 1990.I'm not shocked because that's not the kind of thing that interests me in the box office. It almost feels inevitable, especially now that studios are releasing more tentpole stuff in April (at the expense of August and strangely enough July). Much more shocking to me would be more tickets sold in April than May (which last happened in 1990).

Ah ok. Good stuff.  I didn't realize this was becoming a trend. (bolded part).

It will barely go past though. 505m max.

ASM2 is on 489m.

Added 28m last week down 51% from the week before(57.5m), with DoFP opening.

Is 26m away from 515m. Will at least get that.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1

Kind of disappointed with Godzilla. Damn you Adam Sandler. He has destroyed two Kaiju movies in a role.

What? His movie tanked. He doesn't have the fault this time.

• Like 1

So 16 mill max after a 28 mill week???

China run will end this Friday. Plus Maleficent and EoT opening this weekend will mean it will be retaining very small number of screens.

Kind of disappointed with Godzilla. Damn you Adam Sandler. He has destroyed two Kaiju movies in a role.

You're going to have to explain this one to me.

ASM2 is on 489m.

Added 28m last week down 51% from the week before(57.5m), with DoFP opening.

Is 26m away from 515m. Will at least get that.

You have to remember that it will end it's run in China this week.

Being quality films really helped but not having too much competition was also a factor.

Sure but isn't May supposed to be a prime release spot to kick off summer? 

• Like 1

You have to remember that it will end it's run in China this week.

it was already down 77% on friday when dofp opened in china. don't know how much it's adding now though.

• Like 1

China run will end this Friday. Plus Maleficent and EoT opening this weekend will mean it will be retaining very small number of screens.

Yeah. But 505 max seems to low IMO

$170m is massive. It's opened just about everywhere, so I don't expect more than $450m, but that still puts it extremely close to the worldwide record total for the franchise (X3 with $459m) with just overseas receipts.

Still has Japan and Spain and a number of smaller markets. Probably 25 M - 35 M from those.

• Like 1