#ED

Sun#s pg 230...Wknd Est: DOFP: 91M, Godzilla - 31.4M, Blended - 14.2M , NB - 13.9M [NO SPOILERS]

Don't underestimate the Disney/Marvel juggernaut however. They were able to get Star Wars rights. Let me repeat that again, they were able to get Star Wars rights.

There's a difference between a dormant franchise and an active one. And they had to buy the company. So unless you're saying they'll buy Sony....

8M for Godzilla...Ok something is up with moviegoing today...I don't care how many people disliked Godzilla, there is no good reason for a drop like that.

Nikki Finke @NikkiFinke  ·  27s Friday Box Office: #2 holdover 'Godzilla' (Legendary/WB - 3952 runs) slips -77% for $8M targeting $41M four-day Mem Wkd. Cume $158M Stop the bleeding!

OMG, now the real meltdown coming? With everything keep being revised down, I wonder if this is the case across the board? Are all holdovers doing weaker than expected too?

Don't underestimate the Disney/Marvel juggernaut however. They were able to get Star Wars rights. Let me repeat that again, they were able to get Star Wars rights.

If Disney ends up buying Columbia Pictures, that would be quite the twist.

• Like 1

So with 36M OD, what's the likely 3-day range?

94-98M. If Saturday bump from Friday minus midnights is 10% or less, then 94, 18% or more, then 98. Somehow miraculously it gets a 25% bump and gets 35M tomorrow, then it will hit 100M.

• Like 1

8M for Godzilla...Ok something is up with moviegoing today...I don't care how many people disliked Godzilla, there is no good reason for a drop like that.

while I didn't care for Godzilla, I feel kind of bad for it, that drop almost more harsh than it deserves. 

• Like 1

There's a difference between a dormant franchise and an active one. And they had to buy the company. So unless you're saying they'll buy Sony....

Spider-Man is one of the crown jewels of Marvel comics, one of the most popular superheroes worldwide. Yes I can see Disney/Marvel having enough balls to actually buy out Sony Pictures, or a chunk of Sony Pictures, just to get Spider-Man rights back in-house.

• Like 1

Or its that many people wanted to watch DOFP.  That could be a good reason.  Not hating Godzilla, just loving DOFP.

• Like 1