Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

movie theaters here (eastern US) start showings at around 10am. matinee is movies til 5. I'm guessing these numbers are projections for all of matinee? 2.6m off 10am showings is pretty crazy I think.

Here opens 12 p.m.

great numbers for maleficent

Wow. Matinee numbers.And I missed the intermission discussion. The only intermission I can remember is for the Toy Story double feature. During it I went to the bathroom and then came back to the wrong theater. Which happened to be playing Paranormal Activity. I was very confused.

• Like 2

So, we will have a bunch of movies over 200 mil this year....LegoCaptain AmericaSpideyGodzillaX MenMaleficent?Dragon 2Transformers 4Apes?Guardians of the Galaxy?InterstellarBig Hero 6MockingjayHobbit 3Annie?

No. Don't see it happening.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Of the other 5 85m+ mem day openers only Indy 4 fell <60%, and that' cause it had a Thursday opening where it burnt off 25m. With a Friday opening it's drop could well have been 60%+.

The other 4 have drops of 67%(X3), 63.5%(Hang2 despite Thursday opening), 64%(FF6) and PoTC3 with 61.5% (again, had 13.2m in Thursday previews which if we add into Friday, the drop is 63%+).

Owing to it's wom, DoFP managing 60-61% would be good enough.

• Like 3

Using these numbers is problematic, but I'll take a stab at it. STID went up 73% last year on its post-Mem Fri, so if Godzilla goes up a similar number it would make something like 3.1m. Comparing that to the difference between the two films as reported by the matinees, we would be looking at 12m-ish for X-Men. But, a film like X-Men will probably do better during matinees than Godzilla, so I'm thinking 11m or so, which is right in line with my expectations.

OK, Nikki report in 3...2...1...

:P

Using these numbers is problematic, but I'll take a stab at it. STID went up 73% last year on its post-Mem Fri, so if Godzilla goes up a similar number it would make something like 3.1m. Comparing that to the difference between the two films as reported by the matinees, we would be looking at 12m-ish for X-Men. But, a film like X-Men will probably do better during matinees than Godzilla, so I'm thinking 11m or so, which is right in line with my expectations.

OK, Nikki report in 3...2...1...

:P

What the hell is a Nikki? (If you think I am being serious, your sarcasm detector is broken)

All hail kings Rth and spatula!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

So, we will have a bunch of movies over 200 mil this year....LegoCaptain AmericaSpideyGodzillaX MenMaleficent?Dragon 2Transformers 4Apes?Guardians of the Galaxy?InterstellarBig Hero 6MockingjayHobbit 3Annie?

This could be a quantity(many films over 200m) over quality(not many over 300) year.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

I just googled MGS4 cutscene lengths and holy fuck there's even more cutscenes than I had thought there were!

8 hours of cutscenes. Can be beaten within 1.5 hours when skipping cutscenes. Lol.

• Like 2

This talented bitch from back home that was a contestant in The Voice Mexico was Elsa in Frozen for Latin America and U.S. Latino viewers.

Posted Image

you're saying things i know but what do they mean?

movie theaters here (eastern US) start showings at around 10am. matinee is movies til 5. I'm guessing these numbers are projections for all of matinee? 2.6m off 10am showings is pretty crazy I think.

To clarify for everyone.  They represented the total grosses up to the point in time that I posted them.  

• Like 5