Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Remember when Spider-Man dropped 37% against Star Wars? Or Iron Man's drop against Indiana Jones? Those feel like they were from a different dimension now.

part of that is because Spider-Man was playing in 800 more theaters than AOTC For what ever reason

part of that is because Spider-Man was playing in 800 more theaters than AOTC For what ever reason

If I remember correctly, George Lucas was more concerned with the prequels playing in theaters with the best quality audio/visual.
  • Like 1

I am watching Portugal vs Greece and I am crying on the inside. This is the shittiest game ever. If they are going to play like this in the World Cup they might as well not even show up at all.

will Godzilla be the highest opener to not reach 200m?

It was pretty much over for that movie when Mulder changed his Profile Picture from Godzilla to Xmen.That's when I knew.
  • Like 3

I am watching Portugal vs Greece and I am crying on the inside. This is the shittiest game ever. If they are going to play like this in the World Cup they might as well not even show up at all.

They're just lulling everyone into a false sense of security.

But at least you guys are fucking playing. Romania lost to the damn Greeks in the play-off. 

If one removes the inflated 3-D or IMAX ticket prices from Godzilla, it would probably only end up in the 170s domestic.  Bryan Cranston was probably the draw that brought a bunch of people out in its first 2 weekends, but other than that the story does not have much appeal.