Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

if anyone predicted anything like that, i haven't seen it. from what i remember most people had very little faith in the film, and in Singer, when it was announced. of course with the hype come the ever changing goal posts, and suddenly a film is a failure for not achieving a goal no-one even thought possible before.

I would have to read through the threads to see the exact numbers, but I remember predictions around there. I'd consider a $270M prediction to be around there though, while you might say $270M is quite a bit lower than between $289-$290M.

OMG... you're still Giffing....I just don't care, I really want to, but I just don't care about your irrelevant self. Be irrelevant somewhere else.Thank you. Now sit yourself down

And you still talking.

Bitch, stop riding on my relevantness to get you noticed and liked.

If I'm irrelevant, you're nonexistent.

You should know that by now I'll probably never stop giffing.

• Like 4

OMG... you're still Giffing....

I just don't care, I really want to, but I just don't care about your irrelevant self. Be irrelevant somewhere else.

Thank you. Now sit yourself down

Posted Image

• Like 1

Right? Where's the respect for Maleficent?

Btw what time is your showing?

It is kinda funny how a good chunk of this board was arguing Maleficent wouldn't hit 60m OW, and now that it's headed for an Oz sized OW everyone is acting like it's expected now. :P

• Like 4

And you still talking.

Bitch, stop riding on my relevantness to get you noticed and liked.

If I'm irrelevant, you're nonexistent.

You should know that by now I'll probably never stop giffing.

YEAH! Show them hell Claire! :lol: 

• Like 3

It is kinda funny how a good chunk of this board was arguing Maleficent wouldn't hit 60m OW, and now that it's headed for an Oz sized OW everyone is acting like it's expected now. :P

Right?! It's always like this with the non-typical BOF fave genres. No respect!

• Like 1

You're still cleverly dodging my question though Tele. You argued the multi is just the nature of the genre, yet 2 of the 3 recent creature feature films had fairly strong multis. If Coverfield was widely agreed to have poor WOM and Godzilla is getting roughly the same multi, then what does that say? At best it says Godzilla's WOM was mixed. At best.

No one is saying WOM is better than mixed. It's definitely mixed and possibly worse.

It isn't getting the reception I had hoped, but with the total near 200m/500m, it certainly reached its core audience, and tiny bit more outside it.

I still think it's just too damning to judge on a film's performance based on the legs, especially due to the nature of the film.

This is why I see DFOP as expected and not too bad. It's following the projection based on X-men series. Apocalypse will tell the future of the Xmen series than DFOP.

• Like 3

I would have to read through the threads to see the exact numbers, but I remember predictions around there. I'd consider a $270M prediction to be around there though, while you might say $270M is quite a bit lower than between $289-$290M.

if you say so, from what i remember most of the high predictions were more recent, after people got caught up in the hype.

anyway for something a bit different, here's a bunch of top 5 lists by a ton of actors. most of them have better taste than I thought. except Eli Roth. his was about as bad as I expected.