Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Expected number for DOFP. I was hoping to be closer to 60% but eh.

It might have been expected (tho I don't think ppl expected it to drop this much, considering how well-liked it is), but it's still a shit drop at the end of the day.

ERC, stirring up the pot. This was the best reviewed X-Men movie of the series and the 2nd to get an A CinemaScore.

Eh...They were going for a funny play on words, given the title of the movie and the drop. But it does come across as bitchy. 

But the future is bright for this series right now, so all's good.  ;)

Jolie is 38 , Bullock 50Jolie only made 1 movie in the last 4 years, Bullock made 5

How does that make Jolie a bigger movie star?Her box office has rarely lived up to her celebrity. Edited by cory
  • Like 4

That would be a much better drop in 2nd weekend compared to X3. :D

Yet the w/e total is almost $2m behind X3's $34m ($175,348,409) and the overall total now $13.3m behind

It fell the same % as FF6 which had a $35.1m w/e and totaled $171,003,965. So $9m behind.  It had better legs than X3 and if DOFP can match those it might come close to $230m.

500 M is happening. Ha ha.

$500m is happening for ASM2 but not the $510m it would need to match or overtake CA2 WW

If Rth's  $315m O/S total for DOFP is correct then it also had a -64% drop O/S for a $64m w/e and $450m looks more likely than $500m 

• Like 1

$500m is happening for ASM2 but not the $510m it would need to match or overtake CA2 WW

If Rth's  $315m O/S total for DOFP is correct then it also had a -64% drop O/S for a $64m w/e and $450m looks more likely than $500m 

I am so tired of this. I really don't care. lol

• Like 1