Olive

Official Weekend Estimates: Maleficent - 70M, X-Men - 32.6M, A Million Ways - 17.1M, Godzilla - 12.2M

Nah I'm fairly sure that The Fault In Our Stars will be the big break-out hit of the summer.

My daughter's teacher was talking about this movie weeks ago. She recommended the book. I wasn't really interested but apparently it's a big deal to a lot of people. I know one thing, that Shalaine Woodley is a damn good actress. After watching The Spectacular Now I'm convinced I could watch her in anything.

• Like 4

Also HTTYD2 & TF:AoE might end up below 100m opening weekend and this summer will end up with no 100m OW.

And this could be the first time since 2003 we have had a summer with out 100m opener. 

My daughter's teacher was talking about this movie weeks ago. She recommended the book. I wasn't really interested but apparently it's a big deal to a lot of people. I know one thing, that Shalaine Woodley is a damn good actress. After watching The Spectacular Now I'm convinced I could watch her in anything.

I don't like her face. 

Also HTTYD2 & TF:AoE might end up below 100m opening weekend and this summer will end up with no 100m OW.

And this could be the first time since 2003 we have had a summer with out 100m opener. 

Summer 2003 was good.

I had it at 88, so...it exceeded my expectations.  :P

You were a lot closer than me. I tend to go overboard with movies I'm anticipating. I predicted Cap 2 right on the nose at 95m. I wasn't really checking for it like that.

• Like 1

yup, Spec Now made me a fan of her and Miles Teller.

• Like 1

I wanted DOFP to gross 1.7 billion tbh :ph34r::D

LOL I'm really happy for that cast though. They did the damn thing in that movie. James McAvoy had me in tears, lol.

• Like 3

yup, Spec Now made me a fan of her and Miles Teller.

I never heard of the guy before but he did a great job. Movie was a little depressing though but it felt real thanks to the acting. 

This had me in tear, when it started playing in 

the scene where charles looks/reads Logan's mind and sees his old version and they have that little conversation about hope.

• Like 2

The only surprise to me so far is Cap 2 doing as well as it did.I predicted 84/200 and didn't expect it to cross Thor 2. I sure as heck never, ever expected it to cross $600M much more $700M.But as I've said before, good movies (movies that connect with people and bring them back over and over) tend to find a way.

• Like 5

So my top three movies so far this year are:3. A Haunted House 22. Captain America the Winter Soldier1. GodzillaSo far I have yet to see a film I have disliked, last bad film I have seen was White House Down.

Edited by Captain Jack Sparrow

the scene where charles looks/reads Logan's mind and sees his old version and they have that little conversation about hope.

Yes. And when he was thinking back to

his and Mystique's early relationship

made me sad too. He put his all into that performance. 

• Like 1

So my too three movies do far this year are:3. A Haunted House 22. Captain America the Winter Soldier1. GodzillaSo far I have yet to see a film I have disliked, last bad film I have seen was White House Down.

Seriously? I kinda envy the fact that you can pretty much enjoy anything...

• Like 4

Power's back on.

Yes it is.

• Like 1

So my too three movies do far this year are:3. A Haunted House 22. Captain America the Winter Soldier1. GodzillaSo far I have yet to see a film I have disliked, last bad film I have seen was White House Down.

You've only seen 3 movies this year?  That's pretty crazy.

I'm gonna ignore the WHD comment.  That movie was fun as hell.

• Like 2