Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

WTF. I hadn't even heard of FIOS until a couple of months ago. That Is one of the most surprising OD's in years.

relentless advertising by verizon sure helped imo.

• Like 1

Anything for Maleficent? boxoffice.com say 9m but you know how reliable their early #s are... 

hush...they are right here..listening.

err, nothing to see here guys. move along. just talking about how splendid bo early #s are.

WTF. I hadn't even heard of FIOS until a couple of months ago. That Is one of the most surprising OD's in years.

I am not surprised. The hype was there and I actually changed my prediction from mid 40M OW to 50M this Thursday. 

I also had 125M DOM prediction at the Summer Game. If that OD gets confirmed I feel fine about it. Nothing tops my epic 105M prediction for A Million Ways there. :lol: 

Just found out that 300's DVD sales total of $269,740,212 exceeds its domestic BO total. Is that normal with a lot of movie???

It was a different era back then when dvd sales were very strong. Nowadays video sales for all new movies suck, with a few exceptions. ;)

• Like 2

It was a different era back then when dvd sales were very strong. Nowadays video sales for all new movies suck, with a few exceptions. ;)

Frozen debuted with $79.7M in blu-ray sales! Hardly any films debut high like that. Pitch Perfect also exceeded its domestic gross and earned over $88M in DVD + Blu Ray sales.

Anyways, FIOS is looking really strong but EOT is sadly disappointing.

Atm I'm going to go with FIOS 24-27, EOT 9-11

Thanks for the early #s.  B)

I really hope EOT can hit the high end or somehow go higher.   :)

FIOS opening day is huge.  :o

• Founder / Operator

I wouldn't count out EOT yet. Word of mouth seems extremely positive, and the only major competition it has until TF4 is 22 Jump--which even they can coexist.

Combined with overseas returns, EOT has hope.

• Like 8

Yeah pre downloading era, lol.

• Like 2

What's this movie? I've never heard of it until I saw twitter a few minutes ago. Replaces Godzilla as biggest surprise of year.

i heard of it on these forums when someone started the tfios over 100m club. else i would have assumed it was a astrophysics documentary about faults in our stars.

anyway, i should change my opinion to 'in'.