Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Yea I was going to see EoT tonight but the throngs of teenage girls is going to be too much and I decided to wait until a matinee tomorrow...

The worst sub groups of people to have a lot of in your theatre are definitely teenage girls and old people.  I could care less how many teen girls are at the theatre tonight - as long as they're going to watch their little romcom stars movie and staying the F out of Edge of Tomorrow I'm all good.  Wish EoT was doing better, reviews and pretty much everyone on here is raving about it. 

The worst sub groups of people to have a lot of in your theatre are definitely teenage girls and old people.  I could care less how many teen girls are at the theatre tonight - as long as they're going to watch their little romcom stars movie and staying the F out of Edge of Tomorrow I'm all good.  Wish EoT was doing better, reviews and pretty much everyone on here is raving about it. 

A movie about two teenagers dying from cancer hardly qualifies as a "romcom"

And packs of teenage boys are just as unbearable - just in different ways.

• Like 3

good # for Fault in our Stars.  do not understand the segregation with the teenage girl thing.  who cares?  last time a checked, a movie theater is a venue.  I think its real Friday # should hold on Saturday.  The real Friday# to Saturday increase with Godzilla was about 10%.  How will Fault in Our Stars be any different?  18M Friday + 8M Previews + 19 Saturday + 13 Sunday.  58M Weekend.  boom!

• Like 2

Let's wait for actual numbers before the F word (front loading) is thrown around.

if it gets 20m od and 40m ow after those mdnights, i'm gonna say fuckity fuck fuck.

also, for now eot 2nd weekend above fios 2nd weekend looks good.

Edited by a2k

Early Friday Box Office: #1 YA's 'Fault In Our Stars' at $20M targeting $40M, #2 Tom Cruise's 'Edge Of Tomorrow' at $11M tracking for $35M.

35M would be a good # for EoT at this point. 

I think FIOS will do closer to 50M than 40M.

if it gets 20m od and 40m ow after those mdnights, i'm gonna say fuckity fuck fuck.for now eot 2nd weekend above fios 2nd weekend looks good.

Haven't seen TFIOS, but EOT is so awesome I am already planning my second viewing. Cruise is freaking excellent in the movie. The movie definitely deserved better box office but the lack of a potential franchise opportunity probably held the marketing back.
  • Like 2

Early Friday Box Office: #1 YA's 'Fault In Our Stars' at $20M targeting $40M, #2 Tom Cruise's 'Edge Of Tomorrow' at $11M tracking for $35M.

35m looks a bit much for eot with 11m friday. needs a 52% bump to 14m saturday from non-preview friday.

that's 1.8 + 9.2 + 14(+52%). too big a bump for an action opener in june.

Edited by a2k

Tele have u caught Stanley Cup Fever yet?

I wouldn't say I've caught the fever, but I've been having to work late this week and having the game on was very entertaining. :)

A movie about two teenagers dying from cancer hardly qualifies as a "romcom"

And packs of teenage boys are just as unbearable - just in different ways.

Yes, I prefer to stay clear of giant packs of teenaged boys too.

• Like 2

35m looks a bit much for eot with 11m friday. needs a 52% bump to 14m saturday from non-preview friday.

that's 1.8 + 9.2 + 14(+52%). too big a bump for an action opener in june.

It might not drop by much on Sunday though. A 30% Saturday increase and then a 30% Sunday decrease would mean a 35.3M OW. It can be done. 

Edited by Godzilla likes Tom Cruise
  • Like 1

35M would be a good # for EoT at this point. 

I think FIOS will do closer to 50M than 40M.

i can see closer to 40m if 20m is indeed true (which is way off from rth's earlies so may not be), it's 8.2 + 11.8 on friday.

so 8.2 + 11.8 + 12 + 8.5(-29%) would be 40.5m