Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Based on Nikki's projection that EOT will be #2 with $35 million, does that mean that MALEFICIENT will drop 50%+ percent this weekend?

I'm thinking 60%+ drop but that's just me.

rth's early projections

pics of teen girls in lines with a sole guy's head bobbing up somewhere

assumption that that sole guy in all lines could be baumer

gravity was great.

TDKR

estimates from v, thr, nikki

So basically same old, same old, with a little Nolan on the side.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Going to see Edge of Tomorrow. I really like tom cruise as an actor.

Definitely do. I echo the sentiments of whoever said yesterday that they felt like standing in the theater and telling people to watch it and just how good it is. Already got around 10 of my friends say they will watch the movie just based on how much I liked it. It is like a video game adaptation, but no video game actually exists.

The best part about the movie is that the director knew exactly which repetitions we need to see, and which ones would feel, well, repetitive.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Going to see Edge of Tomorrow. I really like tom cruise as an actor.

i ok him as an actor but i wan't his movies to do well.

just for the sincere effort he is putting in with diverse films.

looks at will smith. 2 films in 5.5 years.

i don't want a film of eot's caliber to open as much as after earth.

Edited by a2k

i ok him as an actor but i wan't his movies to do well.just for the sincere effort he is putting in with diverse films.looks at will smith. 2 films in 5.5 years.i don't want a film of eot's caliber to open as much as after earth.

I hear you.Will Smith is the anti-Cruise.Cruise searches out quality and original material to make blockbusters, looking for quality filmmakers. Will Smith searches out material that is as generic as possible that fits some blockbuster formula. Cruise movies stars the right way...Smith movie stars the wrong way.
  • Like 2

The viking funeral scene in Thor 2 is probably one of the best parts of the movie...

Everytime someone complains about Jane being a complete damsel in distress, they need to remember that the same movie had the main antagonist beaten in one-on-one combat by the hero's mother.

• Like 1

The viking funeral scene in Thor 2 is probably one of the best parts of the movie...

The one that reminded me of Tangled?

(In general, I disagree with the assessment that Thor2 is a bad movie, but that's a weird scene to hang onto as the best in the film.)

• Like 1

The one that reminded me of Tangled? (In general, I disagree with the assessment that Thor2 is a bad movie, but that's a weird scene to hang onto as the best in the film.)

Thor 2 isn't a bad movie...it's an entertaining, but utterly forgettable and by the numbers film though. But I still enjoyed it.
  • Like 6