Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

In the end, it should end either slightly under or slighty over The Vow. I have it at 125M on BSG. I am feeling good about that one. Oh, I just remembered I have Million Ways with 105M on my top 15. There goes my happiness. 

Have you seen or read Fault?  If you haven't, why hate on it so much?

i want eot's 2nd weekend to be above fault's.

apart from that one comment show me where i "hate it so much"

there has been enough snark around eot tanking that i would like it to eek out a win over the big movie this weekend.

Edited by a2k

In the end, it should end either slightly under or slighty over The Vow. I have it at 125M on BSG. I am feeling good about that one. Oh, I just remembered I have Million Ways with 105M on my top 15. There goes my happiness.

They cancel each other out surely?

i want eot's 2nd weekend to be above fault's.

apart from that one comment show me where i "hate it so much"

I have no idea if you hate it or not.  But hoping it falls 66% doesn't exactly scream love affair.

I have no idea if you hate it or not.  But hoping it falls 66% doesn't exactly scream love affair.

and i did not claim "love affair". you did claim hate.

i nothing it. but i want EoT to eek out a win over it next weekend for the snark and pawning it is getting right now.

Ok.

Hopefully not.  

I have no dog in this fight.  I haven't seen the movie or read the book.  In fact, I love it when low budget films make gobs of money.  Take heed Hollywood.  I just remember walking to a midnight screening of EOT.  As I approached the theater (which was still out of sight) I heard all this noise, the noise of hundreds of people.   "Are all the bars open on Thursday night?"  I looked down and the mall was empty except for a sports bar but that wasn't where the noise was coming from.  As I got closer I could tell the crowds were at the theater.  "This can't be for EOT..what gives"  Then I saw masses of teenagers coming out of a theater with signed copies of FIOS copies.  I had forgotten about this movie.  I heard a couple of "that was awesome" like comments.  In short, it just seems like a movie where there is alot of excitement to see it on OD/OW.  Friday was VERY frontloaded. Given the kind of hype and the type of audience it appeals to, if it can sustain an audience over the following weeks, I will surprised.  If it drops more than 60% next weekend, I won't be.

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 2

i nothing it. but i want EoT to eek out a win over it next weekend for the snark and pawning it is getting right now.

Placement doesn't matter. They're not playing each other, they're playing the house :) But so much around here is based on movies beating one another, so fine.

Thank Nikki...

• Like 1

Posted Image

$178M budget, let alone marketing, and it opened to $29M (at best). Of course it tanked.

Dropzilla??? How original.

Original or not, it's true, Godzilla had its third >50% drop in a row.

Hope something like this happens next weekend : FiOS has a 68% drop to 15.43m and EoT has a 47% drop to 15.44m.

I agree TFIOS will have a huge drop, but I can't see EoT dropping less than 50%, no matter how good the film is. This genre of movies always fall more than 50%.

I made the names based on their box-office performance. The movie may be shit (dunno, I haven't seen it), but dropping only 51% is impressive since most high-profile films this summer dropped by more than 60%. It is also a smaller drop than SWATH (-59%). With the competition it had, it is admittedly an impressive hold.