Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

Really sucks for EoT. We finally get a highly entertaining non sequel/prequel/reboot big budget summer movie and what happens? Nobody goes and sees the damn thing!! WTF!!If I'm ever out somewhere and I hear somebody whining about the stare of movie making these days I'm going to point to this movie and say, "WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GO SEE EoT THEN." LOL

• Like 6

Really sucks for EoT.We finally get a highly entertaining non sequel/prequel/reboot big budget summer movie and what happens? Nobody goes and sees the damn thing!! WTF!!If I'm ever out somewhere and I hear somebody whining about the stare of movie making these days I'm going to point to this movie and say, "WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GO SEE EoT THEN." LOL

They'll say they bought tickets to FIOS thinking that was the sci-fi picture and EoT was the weepy about dying kids.

• Like 2

Really sucks for EoT.We finally get a highly entertaining non sequel/prequel/reboot big budget summer movie and what happens? Nobody goes and sees the damn thing!! WTF!!If I'm ever out somewhere and I hear somebody whining about the stare of movie making these days I'm going to point to this movie and say, "WHY THE FUCK DIDNT YOU GO SEE EoT THEN." LOL

Well I'm pretty sure if you hear someone complaining about the over saturation of prequels, sequels, and reboots it'll be me. But just know I saw EoT today (and loved it) and will probably see it at least one more time or two. 

• Like 1

I have reached May 6, 2016 in MLB 14: The Show.

I wonder how the apocalypse of Box Office is on this date. Hopefully Dawn of Justice and Cap 3 are still sparring against each other in an epic duel where studios burn copious amounts of money, Joker style.

• Like 4

EoT was a lot of fun. Only didn't like the alien designs...they looked straight out of a video game. All this technology and they still can't come close to alien designs from 1979. 

You just can't beat all those teeth and that dripping saliva stalking in very dark passageways

::shudder::

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/box-office-the-fault-in-our-stars-astronomical-opening-knocks-tom-cruise-off-edge-of-tomorrow/

3rd UPDATE, SATURDAY, 11:00 PM:After a Saturday slide of around 53%, The Fault in Our Stars is expected to gross about $12.3M tonight to bring its estimate down to around $48M for the three-day weekend. Still sitting pretty fantastic for a film that the studio said cost around $12M. It’s already break-even and will be a profitable film for Fox. Disney’s Maleficent remains in a strong second with around $13.45M Saturday for an expected $33M+ weekend (down about 52% from last weekend).

That brings us to Edge of Tomorrow from Warner Bros. which was flat Saturday with roughly $10.6M which means it’s not gonna crack $30M, more like $27M to $28M. It is doing well overseas for Mr. Cruise, however with most recent numbers reported by my colleague Nancy Tartaglione here.

X-Men: Days of Future Past (with roughly $6.2M on Saturday) and A Million Ways to Die in the West (with about $2.9M) round out the Top Five with what looks to be a $15M and $6.95M three-day weekend for the two, respectively. Will update when more is known, but that is how it has been looking throughout the day and this evening.

• Like 2

EoT was a lot of fun. Only didn't like the alien designs...they looked straight out of a video game. All this technology and they still can't come close to alien designs from 1979.

I loved the Alien design. And I think them looking kind of video gamey was on purpose. The way he keeps dieing and have in to repeat going out on the battlefield and get a little further along than last time was just like a game and having to repeat levels. This was probably the best damn video game adaptation we've ever had and it's not even based on a game, lol.
  • Like 2

I have reached May 6, 2016 in MLB 14: The Show.

I wonder how the apocalypse of Box Office is on this date. Hopefully Dawn of Justice and Cap 3 are still sparring against each other in an epic duel where studios burn copious amounts of money, Joker style.

How many world series have you won?

They'll say they bought tickets to FIOS thinking that was the sci-fi picture and EoT was the weepy about dying kids.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

When they look at these posters, they will assumed its got too much romance, hence why they don't want to buy tickets for it.  90% romance and only 10% action.

How many world series have you won?

I'm only playing one player on my team, so I haven't even willed my team to a over .500 season yet. The pains of being an Astro.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 3