Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

I'd hate to see how it compares adjusted Posted Image

The 64% drop last weekend was understandable coming off mem day and all. It was less than x3's 67% and par with ff6. I don't get the 55% drop this weekend. x3 was 52.7% (before dofp, that was the biggest 3rd weekend drop for the big mem day openers) and ff6 was 44%. I expected the 3rd weekend to show a better drop than x3 and possibly par with ff6.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2

THIS is my point. Some movies are more impressive, some are less impressive and some are disappointing. TASM 2, Godzilla and DOFP disappointed on their second weekends but Maleficent's hold was impressive, more or less. I can't be bothered to argue with you anymore. I don't care if you disagree.

You are missing the point. You are comparing the drop of a movie that opened to 69 M to movies that opened to more than 90 M. Also, you obviously forgot that the movie you are going gaga over, targets families. You expect GODZILLA to drop like a Disney film? X-M: DOFP?

WW weekend: $93M

NA weekend: $33.5M

Outside NA weekend: $59.5M

Opening weekend outside NA was $106.1M (updated number from ScreenDaily), so it had a 1 - (59.5 / 106.1) = -43% drop

Since it only opened in a few minor markets this weekend, that drop is impressive.

Thanks for crunching the numbers. That's a damn good hold considering it didn't open anywhere significant.

• Like 1

How is 48 mil disappointing for tfios. It was tracking to make 30 mil and made 48 mil. That's good.

Well i am in the eighth grade. Currently every girl in the eighth grade is reading TFIOS. I guess i figured that the fanbase was bigger than is actually is. I didn't say that 48M was bad i said i was disapointed 

Well put. I had never heard of this book 6 months ago.  Then some started hyping it here and then the crazy predictions started coming in. I'm glad people hyped the book because I bought it and read it in three days.  Such a great story and a very good movie.

This doesn't come out in the UK until the 19th. You'd recommend I read it then baumer?

Now THAT is idiotic. As if women and girls had never fueled films into blockbusterdom. FOUS's opening is great, no matter how you look at it.

Yup. I am so tired of the shock and awe and in depth journalistic pieces every time a "female" movie makes bank (which is like, all the fucking time). At this point it's getting pretty demeaning.
  • Like 3

Now THAT is idiotic. As if women and girls had never fueled films into blockbusterdom. FOUS's opening is great, no matter how you look at it.

There seems to be a sense in the media that it's "cute" how female-driven films sometimes break out. As if they're only meant to be thrown a bone once in a while and shouldn't be taken seriously.

• Like 1

Well i am in the eighth grade. Currently every girl in the eighth grade is reading TFIOS. I guess i figured that the fanbase was bigger than is actually is. I didn't say that 48M was bad i said i was disapointed

. You are 13. Hmm

Yup. I am so tired of the shock and awe and in depth journalistic pieces every time a "female" movie makes bank (which is like, all the fucking time). At this point it's getting pretty demeaning.

You would have thought that people would have gotten the memo when looking at what gender the majority of ticket buyers were for "Titanic" - but apparently that was just a fluke.

• Like 2

The 64% drop last weekend was understandable coming off mem day and all. It was less than x3's 67% and par with ff6. I don't get the 55% drop this weekend. x3 was 52.7% (before dofp, that was the biggest 3rd weekend drop for the big mem day openers) and ff6 was 44%. I expected the 3rd weekend to show a better drop than x3 and possibly par with ff6.

Shows how much X3 and Origins have hurt the franchise. That and the fact that it's the third superhero movie in a short period of time probably didn't help it's legs much. Sad because it's great and everyone should go see it!
  • Like 1