Olive

Weekend #'s FIOS: 48.2, EOT: 29.1

This whole thread has that "Eek! Too many teen girls!" vibe over it. Also, every page needs at least one person insisting Stars will be very front loaded and it'll be absolutely hilarious when it happens.

Tomorrow when it falls miserably I'm gonna laugh so hard that I'll respawn back today so that I can relive this horrible day full of teen selfies and paper tissues.

There, I mixed it up a bit :D

Man, I hope EoT does high end # ... it's fantastic.  How did WB allow the marketing to be 'Pacific Rim' levels for this film?  I was bored as hell with the trailers, but all the reviews made me interested and it delivered in spades.

No opinion on the other film ... and I'm not even going to state the obvious concerning the #s for it.

EOT holding up well, all things considered. It's still not gonna be huge number but basically in line with other Tom Cruise films domestically. I think closer to low 30s weekend, then originally tracked. 

TFIOS is doing spectacular, maybe mid-40s weekend because i think it'll be a bit frontloaded and competition from Maleficent which doesnt seem to be affected by it yet. 

When I saw the trailer for Fault, I thought the first 70% of it looked really interesting and reminded me of the same indie feel of something like Juno with folk music in the background.  It looked like a compelling character study.  Then the end of the trailer just went into overdrive with nonstop schmaltz, tears, and melodrama that it turned me away.

Not bad for EoT...

Maybe it comes in the high end of the estimates and does decent this weekend...This way hopefully in the coming weekends, the good word of mouth will give it good legs and help it do a run similar to Now You See Me...

• Like 1

Lol Maleficent'll be competition for TFIOS. Ok then. More like the other way around. Just got back from seeing EoT and the theater was packed full of teenage and pre-teen girls. Bye, bye Maleficent's legs.