baumer

22 Jump Street (2014)

61 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Freakin' hilarious. Best straight comedy I've seen in theaters this year. End credits was the best part but there's so much great stuff in here. Ice Cube stepped it up and was a lot funnier than in the first movie. Lord/Miller did it again A+

Great sequel. I think there was some moments that didn't work, but this is a sequel that knows what it is and puts a nice twist on things for the better.

So many amazing meta jokes. Felt so awkward when I was the only one who laughed at the Straight Outta Compton joke.

• Like 6

Great sequel. I think there was some moments that didn't work, but this is a sequel that knows what it is and puts a nice twist on things for the better.

So many amazing meta jokes. Felt so awkward when I was the only one who laughed at the Straight Outta Compton joke.

Cutie.

:wub:

• Like 2

well everyone seems to love this so I guess I will be the Debbie Downer guy. There were moments of very very funny humor especially the ice cube daughter stuff and mentioning about the sequel stuff was also pretty funny. The end credits were the best part of the film and that's what end up sticking in peoples minds. But I thought the movie was really uneven all over the place and at times it was a mess. I'm not saying I hate it I just didn't like it nearly as much as you guys did. And saying that it is the best comedie sequel ever made of course in my opinion is wrong. But I will not s*** on the movie or rain on anyone else's parade. You guys like it.... great. I will stay out of this but for now I would probably give it a six and a half out of 10.perhaps I will see it a second time just to see if I like it better.

I agree to a small part that some times I got alittle tired as they tried so hard, but overall it was great.

Ice Cube and the daughter stuff, was a very high point that I don't think anyone has mentioned. F'ing LOL!

• Like 1

Every bit as clever and hilarious as its predecessor. Lord and Miller (can these two do no wrong?) have a lot of fun with the inevitable tropes that come with sequels, while Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum continue to make surprisingly excellent team. B+

• Like 1

Must see. Second favorite movie of the year after Days of Future Past. Easily one of my favorite comedies of all time. Go see it now. So fucking hilarious. Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum have some of the best chemistry ever. 

A+

• Like 2

I'm seeing it this afternoon, and I'm definitely going to keep my ears open for the traditional Lord/Miller Dolphin Noise. (Seriously, it happens in every single one of their movies. It's an old Clone High reference.)

• Like 1

I agree to a small part that some times I got alittle tired as they tried so hard, but overall it was great.Ice Cube and the daughter stuff, was a very high point that I don't think anyone has mentioned. F'ing LOL!

Nah the funniest bit was when Tatum connected the dots, I was in tears. 'You high fived him for fucking your daughter' lol Edited by jessie
  • Like 4

Haven't laughed this much at a movie theater since probably 21 Jump Street. I loved 21 Jump Street. My friends and I would quote that movie all the time. This movie did not disappoint. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill are better than the wolf pack. Ice Cube was great too. LOVED IT!!!!!

A- 

• Like 1

My favorite shot of the movie is just Hill and Tatum dancing while walking next to their car, which is moving with the driver's door open. It's so giddy and silly and happy, just like the rest of the film. I saw it twice in one weekend and both experiences were immensely satisfying.

• Like 3

well everyone seems to love this so I guess I will be the Debbie Downer guy. There were moments of very very funny humor especially the ice cube daughter stuff and mentioning about the sequel stuff was also pretty funny. The end credits were the best part of the film and that's what end up sticking in peoples minds. But I thought the movie was really uneven all over the place and at times it was a mess. I'm not saying I hate it I just didn't like it nearly as much as you guys did. And saying that it is the best comedie sequel ever made of course in my opinion is wrong. But I will not s*** on the movie or rain on anyone else's parade. You guys like it.... great. I will stay out of this but for now I would probably give it a six and a half out of 10.perhaps I will see it a second time just to see if I like it better.

I have to agree (and the credits were my favorite part as well along with the split screen trip scene). I liked it, funny movie overall, but it wasn't as good as the first which really surprised by how funny it was. Lego (Lord and Miller are great, I'm excited to see what they do next) is still the funniest movie this year and Neighbors is the funniest R-rated comedy this year. Hill and Tatum are a fantastic duo though.

I'll give it a B/B+, but not the A I gave the first.

Edited by OmegaSupreme
  • Like 2

I think the biggest hurdle this one has is the fact that the first one really came out of no where.  It was funny as hell and oddly sweet with the relationship and chemistry between Hill and Tatum.

This time around everyone is expecting good things and they deliver.  But, there isn't that freshness and sense of discovery watching something new. 

But, the script and the way the relationship stuff was handled was great. The whole movie they are separated(Jenko's choice, not Schmidt), then when they come together at the end, they have to separate to get the guys, and it's Schmidt that makes the call to do so.  Little things like that make me appreciate it a fuck-ton.  Even it is might not be as fresh or funny as the first one.  

But I sill want to see it again! 

• Like 2

I think the biggest hurdle this one has is the fact that the first one really came out of no where.  It was funny as hell and oddly sweet with the relationship and chemistry between Hill and Tatum.

This time around everyone is expecting good things and they deliver.  But, there isn't that freshness and sense of discovery watching something new. 

But, the script and the way the relationship stuff was handled was great. The whole movie they are separated(Jenko's choice, not Schmidt), then when they come together at the end, they have to separate to get the guys, and it's Schmidt that makes the call to do so.  Little things like that make me appreciate it a fuck-ton.  Even it is might not be as fresh or funny as the first one.  

But I sill want to see it again! 

Maybe Schmidt just wanted to get back at Jenko by driving the lambo.

• Like 1