pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

Dunno what to make of it. It's less than both AUJ and DOS at the same point in time ($288.5m, $278.4m) but it's not exactly apples and apples.

Remember that some markets have released this week instead last one. In a big market for Hobbit like Spain, the two previous entries opened the equivalent to past weekend, but this one has been delayed to this week, like in US.

Hence not apples and apples.

But i don't see BOFA doing better than previous entries to be honest. About the same. So far.

because of exchange rates. Apparently the admissions are higher than the first two so it is not the movie's fault

Edited by John Marston

Hence not apples and apples.

But i don't see BOFA doing better than previous entries to be honest. About the same. So far. It needs that China increase for the billion.

IMO, expected given the exchange rates. If predictions about China come true (110-120), the billion should be very close.

Remember that some markets have released this week instead last one. In a big market for Hobbit like Spain, the two previous entries opened the equivalent to past weekend, but this one has been delayed to this week, like in US.

Sure but even in a market like Spain, how much would 2nd week gross amount to, $5m? Saying it's doing about the same as DOS so far (in USD) seems not to be far from the truth.

Sure but even in a market like Spain, how much would 2nd week gross amount to, $5m? Saying it's doing about the same as DOS so far (in USD) seems not to be far from the truth.

I know. I am conscious of that. I just wanted to certify what you said that this is not an exact comparison with AUJ and DOS. It seems quite clear that it is doing same numbers than AUJ or DOS. With a probable 40 million increase from China, you have 740, pretty close to what I had thought before release. And I do not want to insist much more, but the exchange rate issue is the difference of this film in relation to the other two. The admissions are obviously higher than for the other two. It does not change the WW numbers, but at least is something good you can get from these numbers.

Forbes: Box Office: 'Hobbit' Finale Soars To $355M Worldwide

Details of all the individual opening grosses. Best debut of the year in Spain and highest Hobbit opening in Italy.

I hope the Spanish number it is saying ($6.3m) is the weekend number and not the 5-day cume...  :unsure: If it were the case, it would be a horrible data, even with the exchange rate issue.

Forbes: Box Office: 'Hobbit' Finale Soars To $355M Worldwide

Details of all the individual opening grosses. Best debut of the year in Spain and highest Hobbit opening in Italy.

You read a lot about it debuting better in a lot of markets (in USD), yet looking at its total, it kinda doesn't show. Seems like higher weekend drops to me....

Edited by Elessar

UK letting the movie down

I didn't expect a decrease in the UK.....

Lol. Calm yourselves. Its total is on par with DoS right now, AUJ had an extra day. Over Christmas it might perform better than DoS.

Edited by Heretic