pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

It's possible. It will outgross Tf4 in almost every market including the US so it will be close

Brazil, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Eastern Asia, South Korea and CHINA say hello.

There are many differences between OS behaviour of Middle Earth and Transformers. LOTR/Hobbit is an European passion. TF robots belong to Asia. And Chinese difference compensate the lack of appealing that TF has in Europe. IMO, TF is nearly locked to win the year.

• Like 2

Ok everyone,

BOTFA just made $24.4M on Wednesday. If it follows the trajectory of 'Return of the King' (which also opened on Wed, Dec 17 and was the finale of its series), 'Battle of the Five Armies' will make $267M.

That means it needs $733M to cross $1 billion. This is pretty much guaranteed given the magnitude of its overseas debut last weekend. The question remains whether it can also surpass Transformers worlwide which I really want to happen just to make Michael Bay cry. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Ok everyone,

BOTFA just made $24.4M on Wednesday. If it follows the trajectory of 'Return of the King' (which also opened on Wed, Dec 17 and was the finale of its series), 'Battle of the Five Armies' will make $267M.

That means it needs $733M to cross $1 billion. This is pretty much guaranteed given the magnitude of its overseas debut last weekend. The question remains whether it can also surpass Transformers worlwide which I really want to happen just to make Michael Bay cry. Fingers crossed.

Is this from BOM? If not, what site is this? Edited by Asyulus

Ok everyone,

BOTFA just made $24.4M on Wednesday. If it follows the trajectory of 'Return of the King' (which also opened on Wed, Dec 17 and was the finale of its series), 'Battle of the Five Armies' will make $267M.

You can't assume that the legs will be as good as ROTK.

Ok everyone,

Fucking stupid.

Five Armies breaches $160m at int'l BO

1209918_The-Hobbit-The-Battle-Of-The-Fiv

New Line-MGM’s The Hobbit: The Battles Of The Five Armies remains the one to beat on $162.7m through Warner Bros Pictures International heading into its second weekend.

New Line-MGM’s The Hobbit: The Battles Of The Five Armies remains the one to beat on $162.7m through Warner Bros Pictures International heading into its second weekend.

Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth finale ventures into Spain, Italy and South Korea day-and-date with North America this weekend and will soar past $200m by Sunday.

Source: Screendaily

Edited by Rsyu
  • Like 1

Five Armies breaches $160m at int'l BO

[img=http://www.screendaily.com/pictures/704x528fitpad[150]/9/1/8/1209918_The-Hobbit-The-Battle-Of-The-Five-Armies-4.jpg]

New Line-MGM’s The Hobbit: The Battles Of The Five Armies remains the one to beat on $162.7m through Warner Bros Pictures International heading into its second weekend.

New Line-MGM’s The Hobbit: The Battles Of The Five Armies remains the one to beat on $162.7m through Warner Bros Pictures International heading into its second weekend.

Peter Jackson’s Middle Earth finale ventures into Spain, Italy and South Korea day-and-date with North America this weekend and will soar past $200m by Sunday.

Source: Screendaily

Is that a high number Edited by Asyulus

Looking at 80-85m opening DOM for the 5 days. A total of 230-260 looks in order depending on the legs. So 740-770 OS will be required to reach 1B WW. China will need a huge increase to see that happen. Looks very difficult to me. Not impossible, but it has to develop better legs than previous Hobbits.

Actually, now that I think about it, I did make a mistake. We can't assume it will have the same legs as ROTK. So actually $250M in NA is at doubt, although possible. I still think that it can earn $750M overseas, but we'll find out from this weekend's numbers. By Sunday, it will be possible to make a more accurate prediction.