pepsa

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies OS Thread | 700M OS passed

999mil...

We need USD to drop harder for two weeks.

Joking, joking...

The current trend is toward a stronger dollar, it's almost certain since the Federal Reserve will increase its rates for the first time in 7 years, making the US dollar a more attractive bet for investors and bondholders. So the exchange rates will be a problem next year, it won't be easy for Avengers 2 to increase over Avengers 1...

The current trend is toward a stronger dollar, it's almost certain since the Federal Reserve will increase its rates for the first time in 7 years, making the US dollar a more attractive bet for investors and bondholders. So the exchange rates will be a problem next year, it won't be easy for Avengers 2 to increase over Avengers 1...

Actually, there's a bright side. If the exchange rate is bad enough, TA2 OS might end up lower than DH2 960M, which would be fantastic! :lol:

• Like 1

In a way, it's kind of a good thing. The weak dollar with a rising China and all the 3D/IMAX stuff was starting to make a 1 billion gross a bit too easy. 

Edited by Cynosure

Yeah, by deserving movies, not a SH ones. Plus, I see it very very hard for a movie to be better than DH2. So I hope TA2 fails.

Well, it's wrong to dismiss a superhero movie out of hand that way. There have been plenty of brilliant SH movies, "deserving" of records. Now, I don't believe TA is one of them, but that doesn't mean TA2 couldn't be one.

Yeah, by deserving movies, not a SH ones. Plus, I see it very very hard for a movie to be better than DH2. So I hope TA2 fails.

lol I remember having the same attitude towards SH movies  :lol:

some silly latex costumed dudes jumping around pretending to be cool

Oh how times have changed  :D

50 million at least. Maybe more

the more the better

though I dont expect TF #s obviously

We need USD to drop harder for two weeks.

a girl can dream!  ;)

Edited by Lady of Lorien

^ yep 

China should have great increase for AOU hopefully

We were brothers in arms in regards to Hobbit. However, i can't follow you to that cesspool of mediocre fluff, that are Marvel superheroes. ;)

I hope USD gets even stronger next year.  :P 

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1

My guess would be that Christmas is not a very big movie day outside of the US and since it was part of the OS weekend (thur-sun) it decreased the numbers. And you have $2.5m less in Australia just because of the way the days line up.

Hopefully that is it and it will rebound this coming week

Hobbit 3 is very likely to get an incredibly increase in China.

I am expecting a very high number.

But I would not tell. Maybe the number is so high that some experienced predictors will call me mad.

Are you aware of what you are doing? Pushing expectations. If those will not be met you'll get the scorn of all the fanboys. You better believe in what you are saying...

Hobbit 3 is very likely to get an incredibly increase in China.

I am expecting a very high number.

But I would not tell. Maybe the number is so high that some experienced predictors will call me mad.

I never become mad, but i agree it will hugely increase.