Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Uh really? Where are you from again? China? lol You must know English so well you cannot even write the word 'cannot' properly. Underperformed? lol. The first opened with 43.7 M. Yeah, you are good at reading stats too. It's you who should shut up. You bring nothing to this world but negativity. And tell your leader to stop claiming OUR islands. You greedy nation.

My writing of English is one thing. Your poor reading ability, your malicious misinterpretation is another.You have no right to comment on what I bring to the world. And it is you that quote me and attacked me first.Btw, your islands ? Let's do not even start that shit. You people have stolen too many lands in our South Sea.

I wouldn't have minded the Dragon opening if Edge of Tomorrow would've had a good hold, but that's out of the window.

Everything will be destroyed by TF4. In retrospect that 1 weekend buffer is a gift from above for Dreamworks. 

Too bad they don't own TF franchise anymore. Or do they?

Pretty phenominal opening day for 22 Jump Street, really. If it makes over $200M, that would make Chris Miller and Phil Lord the first filmmakers to have two $200M+ grossers in one year, right?

Right. First filmmakers to have $150m grossers as well, beating the Wachowskis ($281m for Reloaded and $139m for Revolutions in '03).

So HTTYD2 will end up around the same domestic number with the first movie ? That's a bit disappointing

We will have to see the second weekend drop to get a better idea of where this is heading. It might have amazing holds. Who knows.

• Like 2

I dont see how that 53m OW for Dragon 2 is great ? Thats just 10m more than the first one did OW. (So now it is "at least it increased" ?) As one of the most beloved animations in the past decades, both DWA and the observers of course expected much more than that from the highly anticipated sequel.

• Like 1

Don't want to bury DRAGON after a slow Friday, but... best-case scenario has this matching the 1st movie ($218m). Worst case? $180m or so.

— Ray Subers (@raysubers) June 14, 2014

I disagree with Ray a lot but I think he's nailed it here.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 1