Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Everything is awesome!

When people complain about pop songs being used in animated movie trailers, I just need to direct them at LEGO to show how to use that type of music used right:

Wake Me Up and Feel This Moment are used perfectly with the kinetic feel of the trailer, and of course, Everything is Awesome emphasizes the awesomeness.

/traileranalysisBlank

Maybe parents are just sick of taking their children to animated movies, never mind animated sequels.Let's face it, kids like everything. It's up to the grown ups who have to endure these films constantly if they can be arsed sitting through yet another cartoon.

There's nothing less juvenile to endure than a slasher flick eh?

Actually, here's a question: how will LEGO 2 open after HTTYD2 and KFP2 disappointed? I say this because earlier this year we were all calling it the next Shrek, but the legs were kinda disappointing and there's a three-year-wait.

Maybe parents are just sick of taking their children to animated movies, never mind animated sequels.Let's face it, kids like everything. It's up to the grown ups who have to endure these films constantly if they can be arsed sitting through yet another cartoon.

The ones that seem to open well and then have good legs are the one which can play up the comedic element at least in the marketing...I didn't see that from Dragons trailers/marketing...

Actually, here's a question: how will LEGO 2 open after HTTYD2 and KFP2 disappointed? I say this because earlier this year we were all calling it the next Shrek, but the legs were kinda disappointing and there's a three-year-wait.

Its legs were excellent, it had a comedic tone, and clearly a 3-year wait is better than a 4-year one.

If they come up with a story that's worth it, I could see the sequel improving on the original - at least on OW. Total will depend entirely on quality unless it opens to 90m or something.

We haven't ranked anything in a while. 

Best picture winners since 2009. 

1. 12 Years a Slave -- 5/5

2. The King's Speech -- 5/5

3. The Hurt Locker -- 4,5/5

4. Argo -- 4/5

5. The Artist -- 3/5