Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Pretty weak Father's Day effect. Even worse when you remember last year MoS dropped 0.1% from Saturday.

It wasn't weak for Xmen or DOFP movies that seem more fitting for Father's Day. Also, MOS opened on Father's Day weekend and it was freakin' Superman.

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 3

no surprise at the Sunday drop for 22 Jump Street. Stoner type comedies are not good Father's Day choices

No surprise either for Maleficent and Fault in Our Stars dropping. Female targeted movies drop like a rock on Father's Day

HTTYD2 is the most surprising though. I thought that would make a good Father's Day choice

• Like 2

no surprise at the Sunday drop for 22 Jump Street. Stoner type comedies are not good Father's Day choices

No surprise either for Maleficent and Fault in Our Stars dropping. Female targeted movies drop like a rock on Father's Day

HTTYD2 is the most surprising though. I thought that would make a good Father's Day choice

It's number one on Sunday. Let's be happy for it.

• Like 2

no surprise at the Sunday drop for 22 Jump Street. Stoner type comedies are not good Father's Day choice.

First off, 22 isn't a "stoner type" comedy. Secondly, the demo for 22 is probably right in line with the demo for the NBA finals. That didn't help either.
  • Like 5

First off, 22 isn't a "stoner type" comedy.Secondly, the demo for 22 is probably right in line with the demo for the NBA finals. That didn't help either.

well it's a comedy that would certainly attract the "stoner" type.

• Like 1

Aight, I forgive you. Mostly for two reasons: one, you're new around here (in the future, spoiler tag the entire post), and two, I was reading TIME Magazine and their review of HTTYD2 has the same amount of implications as your post did, meaning I would've been spoiled anyway <_<

Thank you very much for being so nice. Again, many apologies.

• Like 1

Sitting through the 1967 Doctor Dolittle. No wonder this shit nearly crashed Fox. 

The fact that "Talk to Animals" beat music from Burt Bacharach and Quincy Jones and "The Bare Necessities" from Jungle Book is one of the greatest Oscar tragedies.

• Like 2