Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

Summer movies can't beat Lego and Cap haha

Very interesting year so far for those reasons alone.

Lego, Winter film

Cap2, Spring film

Summer still doesn't have a film yet out to contend vs them. Further proof building that if a studio has a solid film, regardless of when it's released on the calendar, and it's marketed correctly, it can be not just a hit but a big hit. 

• Like 1

The fact that "Talk to Animals" beat music from Burt Bacharach and Quincy Jones and "The Bare Necessities" from Jungle Book is one of the greatest Oscar tragedies.

It's honestly one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen. Total fiasco.
  • Like 1

no surprise at the Sunday drop for 22 Jump Street. Stoner type comedies are not good Father's Day choices

No surprise either for Maleficent and Fault in Our Stars dropping. Female targeted movies drop like a rock on Father's Day

HTTYD2 is the most surprising though. I thought that would make a good Father's Day choice

Stoner comedies don't open to $60 million.

• Like 1

Hangover 2 made even more, coming off a bigger movie of course so it is expected

Hangover isn't a stoner comedy either. I consider the ones that have a lot of marijuana use in it are stoner comedies. 

• Like 2

I guess people are too depressed to make one.

Why are people depressed? Dragon 2?

I really hope people aren't seriously disappointed at that fantastic 22JS number. 

• Like 2

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>THE FAULT IN OUR STARS took in $14.79M this weekend. Domestic total now stands at $80.77M. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TheFaultInOurStars&amp;src=hash">#TheFaultInOurStars</a></p>&mdash; BoxOffice (@BoxOffice) <a href="

16, 2014</a></blockquote><script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Like 1