Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

67% weekend drop. That's Twilight sequel level second weekend drop! :rofl:

Are you surprised by this?  They have an almost identical fan base.  I was honestly expecting closer to 70-75%, so 65% wouldn't be that terrible relatively speaking.

• Like 2

92% HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON

91% X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

90% EDGE OF TOMORROW

83% 22 JUMP STREET

82% THE FAULT IN OUR STARS

73% GODZILLA

73% NEIGHBORS

53% THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ll

51% MALEFICENT

• Like 2

If the films are of such great quality and appealing then they would be doing better at the box office.

The arguement is that they are more appealing and well liked to certain audience groups/fans only. 

Did I say appealing? Many summer movies in the past were shit and still made money. You can't generally equate

quality to big box office numbers and shittiness to terrible box office numbers. I was just talking about the quality of the films this summer. Not box office numbers. I should have said 'imo.' My apologies.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 1

If the films are of such great quality and appealing then they would be doing better at the box office.

The arguement is that they are more appealing and well liked to certain audience groups/fans only. 

Holy smokes you didn't just use the "Bad box office=bad movie" argument did you? 

• Like 6

It's looking like a very real chance that HTTYD2 will come in under LEGO's total. Who'd have predicted that six months ago?

I did. 

Just because you have the prediction skills of a toddler doesn't mean I do. 

• Like 5

It's looking like a very real chance that HTTYD2 will come in under LEGO's total. Who'd have predicted that six months ago?

And TASM2. And Godzilla. And Days of Future Past. Hell, Transformers could be the only film to beat its total this summer. 

• Like 1

Holy smokes you didn't just use the "Bad box office=bad movie" argument did you? 

No it simply means boring summer for box office point of view for the domestic market. 

Simple as that

I am a fan of movies but I like to more follow box office. 

Last year while some films were not good was far more interesting from a box office point of view. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

No but as a fan of box office I like to some big openings and numbers or at least some legs. 

I understand that. And it's a shame that the general auds have not given these amazing movies great numbers. Like, what are these people watching? I won't even say they are not appealing, because they are.

• Like 1