Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

it's disappointing for sure but i wouldn't call it a box office failure, definitely not this early on.

I didn't mean that kind of failed. I meant failed in the sense it failed to rise to expectations.

So we did let our love for these franchises inflate our predictions. It is a fact. Both are seeing very good increases from their predecessors, and yet, both are seen as disappointing openings. 

I over hyped 22 jump street personally, every now and then a film comes out which makes you predict with your heart rather than your head.Dragon 2 im not really surprised by, didn't feel the hype at all.

Edited by jessie

My gawd, Chewy, your new Avatar and name deserve an

Posted Image

Also, Jolie is gonna make Maleficent cross 200M. I need that thing to stop at 203M or I am doomed.

So we did let our love for these franchises inflate our predictions. It is a fact. Both are seeing very good increases from their predecessors, and yet, both are seen as disappointing openings. 

To be honest, I didn't let my love for the franchise inflate my prediction as much as others seems to. Still, whoever predicted 80M+ seemed kinda affected by that hype, but a 70M opening seemed just right for me, to be honest. It's a kids movie. You don't really see the hype for kids movies unless there was a sequel decades earlier (Toy Story/Monsters). I'm somewhat surprised it failed to open much higher than the first one, but oh well. What can you do.

Also, Despicable Me 2's increase also gave Dragon a chance to increase the same. Dragon was better received and had better word of mouth (legs) than the first Despicable Me, so it seemed only natural for Dragon to follow the same way.

Wait, that opening for 22JS is disappointing too? Why?

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1

To be honest, I didn't let my love for the franchise inflate my prediction as much as others seems to. Still, whoever predicted 80M+ seemed kinda affected by that hype, but a 70M opening seemed just right for me, to be honest. It's a kids movie. You don't really see the hype for kids movies unless there was a sequel decades earlier (Toy Story/Monsters). I'm somewhat surprised it failed to open much higher than the first one, but oh well. What can you do. Also, Despicable Me 2's increase also gave Dragon a chance to increase the same. Dragon was better received and had better word of mouth (legs) than the first Despicable Me, so it seemed only natural for Dragon to follow the same way.

But dat minion effect.

People are disappointed with Dragon's numbers, yet to quote Apollo13 with all due respect I believe it will be its finest hour

Edited by DAR