Olive

Weekend Est: 22JUMP 60.0M| HTTYD2 50.0M|Male 19.0M|EOT 16.1M|Fault 15.7M|DOFP 9.5M

if you were with your bro they prolly wouldn't try to start anything in the first place. they were looking for someone who's on his own and willing to humor them. personally i can't get heated over random kids with cameras. just tell them to fuck off and get on with your life.

Yeah next time I know what to do apparently.

Posted Image

• Like 6

Everybody needs to stop calling Dragon a disappointment or a flop weekend. Take a look at the domestic box office totals for Despicable Me 1 and Despicable Me 2. Dragon gained a big following on DVD after its release after audiences heard how great it was. So this will open at about 60...and then go on to make 275 domestic. Stop writing the eulogy for this movie's funeral.

275 m is impossible
  • Like 1

Cap and LEGO are possibly the only two movies this year that met expectations or over performed. (Blockbuster wise)

DOFP isn't that below expectations. Neither is Godzilla, really - the problem with that was the OW, which threw off post-opening expectations.
  • Like 1

DOFP isn't that below expectations. Neither is Godzilla, really - the problem with that was the OW, which threw off post-opening expectations.

I'm pretty sure most people thought DOFP would gross $280M or more. Thus, it's below expectations because I don't think that it will make it there.

• Like 1

it's not good. Since it is a movie a lot of people here like though people will be easier on it and say things like "Oh it's still a good opening" or "it's still a lot of money" like they did for STID last year. It this was a Pirates, Amazing Spider-Man, Or Transformers movie underwhelming everyone would be constantly laughing and  making fun of its performance

Exactly. Expect people to happily bash Bayformers when it opens soft ....
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure most people thought DOFP would gross $280M or more. Thus, it's below expectations because I don't think that it will make it there.

I thought 210 for DOFP.
  • Like 1

Speaking of Maleficent, I just don't understand the praise for Jolie. I thought the movie was horrid, and Jolie wasn't much better than the rest of the shit in that movie. Very disappointed...

Edited by reddevil18
  • Like 3

Who are these most people you speak of?
  • Like 3

Speaking of Maleficent, I just don't understand the praise for Jolie. I thought the movie was horrid, and Jolie wasn't. Much better than the rest of the shit in that movie. Very disappointed...

I thought she completely salvaged it. You don't normally see acting like after she lost her wings anywhere near this sort of movie. I thought she was brilliant at being evil, which made me sad there wasn't more of it. Even small scenes like the one when she just stares at Aurora in the snow made an impression on me. I really thought she was wonderful.

• Like 2

Expectations can be very time dependent, but by the Spring, I think most were expecting X3-like numbers but hoping for something more, myself included.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 2

People who posted in various threads. If it's really important, I could try to dig through threads. However, I'd prefer not to name names.

I require names. Clear lists, which prove a majority of 50%+1, demonstrating your "MOST" hypothesis. Thank you.
  • Like 3

Expectations can be very time dependent, but by the Spring, I think most were expecting X3-like numbers but hoping for something more, myself included.

Hoping, definitely. Expecting and predicting...not so much. Even those who raiser their expectations as the opening approached, did not go as high as 280-300, save some exceptions. More like 250...
  • Like 1