kayumanggi

BRIDGE OF SPIES | 10.16.15 | Disney | final domestic gross: $72,313,754

The material just seems tired. Cold War espionage? Do we care anymore?

Yes, tensions are mounting with Russia again, but not to the point where the Red Scare is relevant again.

agree this will limit its gross worldwide. but disney marketing machine + hanks/spielberg should ensure a solid DOM gross .

@Breznican
Spielberg's Bridge of Spies finally plays today. Watch Mark Rylance leap to the top of everybody's supporting actor predictions.

I found it powerful & emotional. Imagine a Stanley Kramer film fused with Hitchcock. That's Spielberg's Bridge of Spies.

@mrbeaks
BRIDGE OF SPIES. Honor amongst enemies as a means of saving civilization. Excellent, understated Spielberg w/ brilliant Mark Rylance perf.

‏@mikeryan
People are tweeting about BRIDGE OF SPIES so I will, too. (Saw it earlier pre-NYFF.) It's good! Not great. Have a full piece coming later.
  • Like 3

@Breznican

Spielberg's Bridge of Spies finally plays today. Watch Mark Rylance leap to the top of everybody's supporting actor predictions.

I found it powerful & emotional. Imagine a Stanley Kramer film fused with Hitchcock. That's Spielberg's Bridge of Spies.

@mrbeaks

BRIDGE OF SPIES. Honor amongst enemies as a means of saving civilization. Excellent, understated Spielberg w/ brilliant Mark Rylance perf.

‏@mikeryan

People are tweeting about BRIDGE OF SPIES so I will, too. (Saw it earlier pre-NYFF.) It's good! Not great. Have a full piece coming later.

Happy that it's good. Always excited for a Hanks/Spielberg flick.

@DeadlinePete
Bridge of spies is masterful fillmmaking. It's spielberg's best since Saving Private Ryan. And that goes for Hanks too. A real contender.

@dan_quiterio
Spielberg's a master for a reason. (5/5) 

@ZSharf
BRIDGE OF SPIES is Spielberg at his most restrained. Hanks, Rylance (mvp) & the Coens cadence are strong touches to a well-oiled machine

@kylebuchanan
BRIDGE OF SPIES has a terrific silent opening, a deliciously written second scene, and then....

Edited by Durden
  • Like 2