stripe

Monday Numbers: 22J 6.9,HTTYD2 5.1,Malef 2.2

Or maybe it's nothing.I've been watching violent R Rated movies since I was 9-10. I don't own a gun. I've never shot, stabbed, or robbed someone. I've never commited a crime, or done any kind of drug(not even weed, not even once).It's not the movies fault. It's not the music's fault. It's not video games' fault either.

What is wrong with you?

• Like 4

Jeez, so angry!  I didn't know how old you were, but you were using an example that included you, so I ran with it.  I've done it, we've all done it, but we all know it's against the rules and there shouldn't be any bitching or moaning because you couldn't get in.  It's like when people make a big stink about not being able to bring in outside food or drinks.  It's always been that way and you know it, so get over it(not talking to you specifically).  

You are preaching to the choir about all of this too, by the way.  That is what I meant when I think it's antiquated, but I brought up the last sentence because at the end of the day, is it really that big of a deal.  I haven't cared about that rule once I hit 17, until I started working at the theater, of course.

Relax!  I promise I am just talking with you, nothing more!

No Rallax I'm not angry! Sorry if that's how my tone came off. That's why I said "love ya" the first time. I understand if a couple 15 year olds walk up to the box office and are like "look, can you just let us in?" and theater says no. What I don't understand is when the parent buys the ticket, but it's still no. In my situation, when my friend called her mom, she came and bought the tickets and told them she wanted to go back home, but give us permission to go in, and that she knew the content (9 fucks and some jump scenes), but the theater was like "nope."

She didn't even sit on the same row as us, and if she did, I don't think she would've been trying to shield her daughters ears during each F-word, because that would be impossible, without just holding your hands over their ears the entire time. So to me, that felt more like the theater just wanting an extra $9 rather than really caring about the content. Which you're right, you can't really blame the theater. As much as the studios shortchange them, $9 is appreciated. I mean I go to Target across the street and get 99 cent gummies and bring them in instead of paying $4-5 at concessions, so I mean the theaters gotta do what it's gotta do.

We weren't mad or anything. We didn't make a fuss. I wasn't like "this is such bullshit! Its Paranormal Activity! Let us in you stupid cinema!" We just rolled with it (I mean it's not like the extra $9 was coming out my pocket) and it's not like we planned on all making out the whole time so we just accepted the rules and rolled with it. I just feel it can be a little lax in some situations, like the theater up the road. My mom buys my brothers ticket, they see that, and she leaves and he goes in without a problem. Of course she checks the content though and why it's R. 

I think its more on the MPAA than the theaters, I'm not really faulting them, they're just tryna get paid like all of us, but they follow the MPAA, and I just feel the MPAA could do some retooling to rid these issues. You're right, it's not a big deal, I am 20, and I'll be checking the content for my kids anyway, but just seeing all the issues we've had with the ratings lately, it'd be cool to see the organization get together and cook up some better guidelines. Now sorry if was stern.

• Like 3

The freedom to choose what is appropriate for your children to see. I have no problem with it.

When is watching a violent movie appropriate for children? And then when shootings at schools happen or when a teenager kills another, who do parents blame? Themselves?

Pink has to do something while you're off macking with E.

Baseball, watch Dark Knight films, stare at old posts of good times with #ED, cry myself to sleep.

I knew something was up when he was posting about how big your package was.

• Like 4

Or maybe it's nothing.I've been watching violent R Rated movies since I was 9-10. I don't own a gun. I've never shot, stabbed, or robbed someone. I've never commited a crime, or done any kind of drug(not even weed, not even once).It's not the movies fault. It's not the music's fault. It's not video games' fault either.

It's wrong to assume that everyone else respond to these things like you.

Baseball, watch Dark Knight films, stare at old posts of good times with #ED, cry myself to sleep. I knew something was up when he was posting about how big your package was.

His was bigger but yours was just the right size. Why are you upset? I loved both equally. Although his package came before yours, your package came a little late but just in time.Thanks again guys!
  • Like 4

When is watching a violent movie appropriate for children? And then when shootings at schools happen or when a teenager kills another, who do parents blame? Themselves?

Oh please, what you're saying is as ridiculous as when they tried to blame Columbine all on The Matrix. Not to say movies don't share at least some of the blame for tragic acts of violence, but don't even try to pretend that they are all at fault and that there aren't any other variables.

• Like 1

Isn't it also wrong to assume that everyone is going to be turned into a psychopath by watching it?

That's the difference. I didn't assume that. I was just saying I don't think it's a good idea to expose children to violence. (not just in movies but in other media as well).

Oh please, what you're saying is as ridiculous as when they tried to blame Columbine all on The Matrix. Not to say movies don't share at least some of the blame for tragic acts of violence, but don't even try to pretend that they are all at fault and that there aren't any other variables.

Excuse me, did I ever say there aren't any other variables?

His was bigger but yours was just the right size. Why are you upset? I loved both equally. Although his package came before yours, your package came a little late but just in time.Thanks again guys!

I'm insecure, I've heard that once you go Tele, you never go back.

• Like 1

Packages? I want packages. Before December, 50 George Street, Charleston, SC 29401. After December, blank blank Anderson, SC 29621.

No seriously, if I go a job this year, I wanna be apart of the Christmas pool. I'd love to pick up some things for you guys. ED I'm gonna get you a box of Huggies, but inside will be the Interstellar soundtrack.

• Like 1