#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

oh c'mon, be fair...

...I'm pretty sure it's like 80% Jay Baruchel's voice that's the fault. can't they just say Hiccup hit puberty and change the actor?

Posted Image

• Like 2

I think it worked pretty well for Shrek and Shrek 2, and Madagascar. Shark Tale and others it felt more forced. Like in Shrek 2 when Donkey says "come on Shrek, we dont wanna hit traffic" and "the ride was awful, there was no in flight movie or nothing", and in Shrek when he said "you need a tic tac or something". Thats VERY clever to me, Shrek put in the pop culture references and "didnt exist yet" references very well.What was the last DW movie you saw? I feel like theyve sorta moved away from pop culture is and playing more to the physical and cartoony comedy ala Monsters V Aliens, Peabody, Home, Turbo etc. didnt notice much pop culture in those.

Fair point. I guess maybe MVA was the last one I saw? I liked SHREK at the time, not so much anymore.
  • Like 1

I will say I think the Disney brand name is going a long way in helping Maleficent's legs. With Frozen I think Disney has regained their footing as the premier studio for families. I think just the appeal of the brand name right now alone is causing a lot of families to go pick Maleficent over Dragon as their family outing.

I completely agree with this. I felt that if some movie was gonna benefit from the massive success of Frozen, it was always gonna be Maleficent.

That might actually be a better movie than what we get.

I just don't get how a Transformers movie is the same length as TDKR.

Does Optimus Prime spend an hour in a police tow yard re-learning how to spin his wheels while waiting for Mark Wahlberg to pay off his unpaid parking tickets?

• Like 1

I really like the first two Shrek movies and I think their pop culture humor was great. Remember that Shrek put DWA on the map as a serious contender to Pixar, both in quality and box office. Unfortunately at least the box office part has changed big time. :(

Does Optimus Prime spend an hour in a police tow yard re-learning how to spin his wheels while waiting for Mark Wahlberg to pay off his unpaid parking tickets?

Wiggle your big toe!

Optimus Prime is imprisoned by Kelsey Grammar, Ratchet punches his back in and then Prime escapes to fight Galvatron and co. This is an hour of the movie.

• Like 1

I still don't get how TDKR is the same length as TDKR  :ph34r:

• Like 4