#ED

Wknd Est: TLM2 - 30M, 22JS - 29M, HTTYD - 25.3M, JB - 13.5, [DOFP - 6.2M]

it's fantastic. When I saw it the first time it shocked me because it came after several years of disappointing Disney films. It's only gotten better each time I see it.

It's the second best Lasseter-era WDAS film, after Frozen.

Well we obviously have very different taste based on your 1st pick. :P

For me post-renaissance Disney films would go:

1. Wreck it Ralph: A

2. Tangled: A

3. Lilo and Stitch: A-

4. The Emperor's New Groove: B+

5. The Princess and the Frog: B+

6. Winnie the Pooh: B+

7. Treasure Planet: B-

8. Bolt: B-

9. Frozen: C+

10. Meet the Robinsons: C

11. Atlantis: D+

12. Brother Bear: D

13. Chicken Little: D

14. Home on the Range: F

• Like 1

I gave up after the colin hanks season too. checked on the finale because of all the talk about how awful it was... oof.

I like to think of the finale as a prequel to Man of Steel. It does explain Superman's almost complete disregard for human life.
  • Like 2

Well we obviously have very different taste based on your 1st pick. :P

For me post-renaissance Disney films would go:

1. Wreck it Ralph: A

2. Tangled: A

3. Lilo and Stitch: A-

4. The Emperor's New Groove: B+

5. The Princess and the Frog: B+

6. Winnie the Pooh: B+

7. Treasure Planet: B-

8. Bolt: B-

9. Frozen: C+

10. Meet the Robinsons: C

11. Atlantis: D+

12. Brother Bear: D

13. Chicken Little: D

14. Home on the Range: F

Lol how the hell you gave Brother BEar I a D. Not even the sequel is D level film movieman..lol :P

And you give Tangled and A????

• Like 2

Tangled is a brilliant take on the Disney princess film. Re-watched it shortly after Frozen to see if I was remembering it too fondly, but nope it thoroughly destroys Frozen in every aspect except the animation itself. And for the record Tangled got just as good critical reception and has a slightly better IMDB score than Frozen so I'm obviously not alone in thinking it's just as good or better.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

I liked Brother Bear.

It may not be as funny as when I first watched it all those years ago, but it is still a very solid and enjoyable flick with some nice songs and I think it is one of the Disney canon that gets unfairly shit upon, like Treasure Planet and Atlantis.

• Like 4

I liked Brother Bear.It may not be as funny as when I first watched it all those years ago, but it is still a very solid and enjoyable flick with some nice songs and I think it is one of the Disney canon that gets unfairly shit upon, like Treasure Planet and Atlantis.

It suffers the same problem as Brave, setting up a promising plot line on a family conflict, but going to a weaker, less interesting story once a vital character is turned into a bear.Also, Koda is one of the most irritating Disney sidekicks there is.
  • Like 1

Anybody want to watch and discuss over the Box Office Chat? Good way to not spoil it/derail the thread.

We are discussing it in the World Cup thread. 

Tangled is a brilliant take on the Disney princess film. Re-watched it shortly after Frozen to see if I was remembering it too fondly, but nope it thoroughly destroys Frozen in every aspect except the animation itself. And for the record Tangled got just as good critical reception and has a slightly better IMDB score than Frozen so I'm obviously not alone in thinking it's just as good or better.

Tangled is more polished and has better pacing, but jesus it is nowhere near a "brilliant" take on princess films.  It is just another cookie cutter princess film.  Very well done, slickly executed, and worth watching, but still, a cookie cutter princess film.  

Frozen absolutely crushed Tangled because of its characters and songs and the way it engaged everyone who watched it.  

Edited by k1stpierre

Who peed in your Cheerios? Calm down.

You're the other genius that did nothing but bash Frozen while it was setting world records.  lol.  C'mon, just admit you were wrong about it, man up, and "let it go".