CJohn

Predator | 14th September, 2018 | Shane Black to Co-Write and Direct

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

It’s almost like people don’t know the difference between being a drug user and being a sexual predator. 

Doing drugs may or may not harm you, the individual.  Trying to fuck an underage child hurts someone else.  Big fucking difference,

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

Do you think it's acceptable to let sexual, convicted sexual predators near a movie set?

What work place would be acceptable for ex-convicted sexual offender if  a movie set is unacceptable ? (Sexual offense, someone that tried to lure a far relative 14 year's old into having sex).

I imagine no office jobs either ?

Here Mun point do not seem about being unacceptable to be near a movie set, maybe some electrician tech are convicted sexual predator after all, but the fact that he had is face in the movies and that being possible to use as a tool to lure young people into having sex, because being a celebrity even low level can give you a bit of power.

11 minutes ago, Nova said:

It’s almost like people don’t know the difference between being a drug user and being a sexual predator. 

I think that Gunn firing for no offense whatsoever contributed to that people are now questioning why one thing gets a pass and another doesn't. It isn't that they don't understand the difference but that a terrible precedent has happened recently and that distorted the view on what offense/crime is. Also, this current controversy has happened after the shoot was done and offense was not repeated, So that makes things a little less urgent than discovering one of cast members is a potential danger to young cast members while the shoot is on. It isn't that people don't think casting blunders like this shouldn't be stopped but that there's no urgency in this case to make a big deal of so late in the game when the offender won't be hurt but people who worked on the movie and didn't know about him will be. It isn't a B&W situation, IMO. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nova said:

I really wonder if those of you who are mad at Munn would be okay with it if a convicted and registered sex offender was around your kids. 

No one would accept for a child sexual offender to be put alone with their kids, but is that quite the speculation that it is the case ?, they are no kids usually on a movie set, specially if he had only one scene. Like Brown said:

@oliviamunn who was the only member of the principal cast who had to work with him.

Edited by Barnack

39 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

You're glad no one has the balls to speak out about sexual predators?  Why?  Do you support sexual predators?  Do you think it's acceptable to let sexual, convicted sexual predators near a movie set?

31 minutes ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

The dude Black cast was a convicted sexual predator.  He could have put 1000 other actors in that role, a small one.  But, like Singer, he chose to cast his creepy friend.  And Munn is supposed to stay silent about it?  Why?  This is not on her, it's on Shane and the studio.  There is no grey area here.  Firepower and Alli, both of you make me scratch my head.

What are you talking about? The guy served his sentence years and years ago, he was convicted for internet chat, not sexual/physical assault, he didn't do it again since then. Maybe you think that guy should've killed himself instead of trying to make it right and become a better person? I don't support sexual predators and I want to ask you: do you realize that predators do it many times for many years and this is not Spacey/Singer situation at all? Shane chose to help his friend, there's nothing wrong with it. He didn't hide anything, it's a public information anyone could check. If you really think it's right to give up on your friend as soon as he did something wrong, like those mob groups think, then you're very ugly human being and not better than people you condemn. Or you really think that you're a saint and didn't do anything bad in your life? if so, then I have very bad news for you. Shane and cast don't deserve shit they're getting right now, they did nothing wrong.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Barnack said:

What work place would be acceptable for ex-convicted sexual offender if  a movie set is unacceptable ? (Sexual offense, someone that tried to lure a far relative 14 year's old into having sex).

I imagine no office jobs either ?

Here Mun point do not seem about being unacceptable to be near a movie set, maybe some electrician tech are convicted sexual predator after all, but the fact that he had is face in the movies and that being possible to use as a tool to lure young people into having sex, because being a celebrity even low level can give you a bit of power.

No you're missing the point.  Her point is that they were not told of his crime.  And if she was told about it she would not have wanted him on the set in the first place.