La Binoche

Tues #s (Rth): 22j 4.4,HTTYD2 4.3,TLAM2 2.5,Malef 2.3,JB 2

I'll fix it with some controversy.

Batman and Robin was a good movie, discuss.

http://filmschoolrejects.com/opinions/batman-and-robin-on-its-own-terms.php

For years, Joel Schumacher’s second Batman film has been the go-to whipping boy when it comes to citing terrible comic book adaptations. Just this week, HitFix named it the Worst Superhero Movie of All Time to exactly no one’s surprise. This has been the film’s burden since its release. It underperformed at the box office and was so maligned among fans and critics that it led to an overhaul of the property under Christopher Nolan that was 180 degrees removed in tone.

It was a different era for comic book films in 1997. Reboots of limping properties weren’t guaranteed back then, so a misfire like Batman & Robin could do a lot more damage. Maybe even kill a character. Because of that, I understand that many of the bad feelings associated with this film stem from the genuine fear that it could have meant no further Batman movies.

That’s also why Batman & Robin is ready for a reevaluation. We now have a complete trilogy that’s a lot more faithful to the generally-accepted version of the character. Since the franchise survived what B&R represented, is it now possible to evaluate the film on its own terms, as merely a radically different interpretation of the Dark Knight?

• Like 1

He found us hilarious. And adorable too. Especially Ed and Pink.He's been wondering if Tele is indeed an old man. I assured him that's not the point.

Which section does he read? I am sorry if this all is weird. 

• Like 1

That's me. 

Well that's awesome Jack, cuz I have given more likes than I have recieved and it could be double the amount of likes I have gotten, so why not put me on that list. 

• Like 1