CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Pacific Rim was light years ahead of the Transformers movies in terms of entertainment as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah...no.

I think people said it would be character-focused. It was even worse than Transformers.

I mean, at least TF and Bay don't pretend like they're even trying. Pacific Rim tried to be different and unique and the saviour of all fanboys but it was rehashed, generic, stealing from every sci-fi and blockbuster film. I'm glad it barely crossed $100m which we all know it didn't really, since WB fudged it there.

• Like 3

I think I am going to need to be drunk tonight to watch transformers. 

I've considered it. I was giving the movie the benefit of the doubt for the longest, but it looks like it's going to be more TF2 than TF1.

• Like 1

I've considered it. I was giving the movie the benefit of the doubt for the longest, but it looks like it's going to be more TF2 than TF1.

I do not like any of the transformer movies so I think I might need try something different with this one. 

• Like 1

I feel compelled to point out amidst all this MALEFICENT praise that MALEFICENT is terrible.

It is indeed awful. But Jolie is Jolie and seeing it winning the Summer would be hysterical. Jolie murdering all the sequels/reboots/whatevers studious throwed at us

• Like 2

Guys remember Shia's roomie from TF2? Best secondary character ever right?

Man when he gave the parents pot brownies... best thing ever

Forced comedy that isn't funny is THE WORST!  

Unintentional comedy from some really silly shit is THE BEST!

YOUR NAME IS BACK

PRAISE THE DEL TORO

• Like 2

Pacific Rim was light years ahead of the Transformers movies in terms of entertainment as far as I'm concerned.

Questionable for me. Revenge of the Fallen's more unintentionally entertaining than the whole of Pacific Rim. I honestly don't believe a good Transformers movie can be made. Maybe a more intentionally entertaining one.

• Like 2

Yeah...no.

I think people said it would be character-focused. It was even worse than Transformers.

I mean, at least TF and Bay don't pretend like they're even trying. Pacific Rim tried to be different and unique and the saviour of all fanboys but it was rehashed, generic, stealing from every sci-fi and blockbuster film. I'm glad it barely crossed $100m which we all know it didn't really, since WB fudged it there.

Yeah... no.

Pacific Rim had style, it never took itself too seriously, sure a lot of the characters were stock, but they were fun and I find myself invested in the film.

Del Toro is the kind of filmmaker that Michael Bay will never be, successful at the box office or not.

• Like 4