CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

i'll never watch another transformers movie again because of this. look at what i'm sacrificing here, paramount

I'm never watching another Transformers movie again because they suck, but this too.

• Like 1

I'm legit pissed off right now. I might need to go destroy my room for a bit. Katniss completely just got robbed. BY CHEATING.

Don't worry The Hunger Games Mockingjay Parts 1 and 2 will be better overall then AoE. :)

• Like 1

i'll never watch another transformers movie again because of this. look at what i'm sacrificing here, paramount

That's working in your favor. You just saved yourself hours and hours of watching crap on a big screen. And not the good crap either.

I'm legit pissed off right now. I might need to go destroy my room for a bit. Katniss completely just got robbed. BY CHEATING.

I don't even understand. How did Katniss get robbed? Of what?

God, I've never wanted Katnis to annihilate a movie so bad ever in my life. I absolutely hope she completely destroys Optibutt's ass and the rest of his gang all the way down the months till T5 comes out, and then they can come into that movie feeling all butthurt.

I think TF4 is still the favorite to make more than Mockingjay Pt 1. You never know though, it's definitely not a lock.

I ended up skipping Transformers 4 because I figured I wouldn't enjoy it. Something tells me that was a smart decision.

Same, I was gone for two weeks and am still getting settled again (I don't know why I am leaving for business in Chicago in a week) so I haven't gotten to catch anything.  However before I leave again I plan on catching either Snowpiercer, 22 Jump Street, Edge of Tomorrow, Jersey Boys, or Tammy.

This has to be the largest number of users online in quite some time. The 100M OW of TF4 and the first 100M OW of the year has brought the traffic to the forums.

282 users are online (in the past 15 minutes)

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Deadline:

The first big controversy of box office in the sixth months since I’ve been reporting erupted this AM as Paramount Pictures put the final three-day domestic cume of Transformers: Age of Extinction at $100.038M as its opening weekend for the fourth installment. “They’re lying,” said one distribution head at a major studio. Said another, “I don’t get get it.  Is it just arrogance? What is the point of inflating your box office numbers? So they can claim the first $100M movie opening of the year? Oh please, who cares? It’s a great opening anyway.”

One distribution executive put it this way, “Looking at Rentrak, at this time the average for the three-days is $22.964M, representing a total gross for three days of $97.76M. Rentrak collected 97% of the grosses for the three days.  In my humble opinion, it would be impossible for $100M to be reported.”

I'm confused at the bolded.  If 97% of the collected money (Rentrak) put it at $97.76M then wouldn't the other 3% likely put it over $100M?

• Like 2

I think TF4 is still the favorite to make more than Mockingjay Pt 1. You never know though, it's definitely not a lock.

Of being the only 100m opener of the year.

Same, I was gone for two weeks and am still getting settled again (I don't know why I am leaving for business in Chicago in a week) so I haven't gotten to catch anything.  However before I leave again I plan on catching either Snowpiercer, 22 Jump Street, Edge of Tomorrow, Jersey Boys, or Tammy.

22JS and EOT are worth watching. 

Of getting the first and probably only 100M+ OW. If T4 didn't get it, no other film really was going to get it. They didn't get it fair, they cheated.

MJ1 is going to wipe the floor of Octobum. Wait for it.