CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

Well I guess Michael Bay saved the summer box office. First $100 million opener of the year and definitely the last until Mockingjay. 

Still, it's hard to see the movie hitting $300 million from here. The only reason TF2 and TF3 look like they had good legs is because the opening weekend was deflated by burning off two days worth of demand before. I think this will end up in a 3-way battle for #1 for the year with CA2 and Lego.

This faces less competition though. Outside of Dawn of the Planet Apes, there's not much direct competition and it has IMAX theaters all the way till Hercules. This can leg it out to 275 million.

Not bitter about TF4 hitting $100M, I figured it'd happen, and GA is enjoying it so far by what Ive seen. This is year is just so crazy that I just kinda wanted to see no $100M till November, the 11th month of the year, to add to this banner and bizarre year. I'll get to TF4 eventually.

To say anyone isn't allowed to rip this movie & director is comical. You are in the minority, thanks for the laugh though. Can always count on a few in the weekend thread.

Going by the fantastic opening of this latest Transformers film versus the number of whiny internet trolls who endlessly rant about Bay's "destroying of cinema," it's clear who's in the minority. But it's cool. Keep on keeping on with your crusade to warn America of the evil Bay. ;)

• Like 4

Lmao at all the haters, so desperate. lol

Critics want to kill Prime, giving it 15% on RT and bashing  the movie and Bay like the scorned.

Epic fail. 

firedeep its good to see you positive about something. I had no idea it would be Transformers movie.

• Like 1

Hello. Been lurking for a while and decided to join. 

Transformers always makes money but I'm not a fan. Certain formulas sell, but there are good popcorn movies and there are bad ones. I like Bay and I get a kick out of how many critics despise him, but truthfully these films are always on autopilot. Liked the first one and that's about it. Although on the downside it managed to convince people that LaBeouf and Fox were movie stars for a while. 

So far X-Men is the best movie I have seen this year. 

Welcome to the forums.

I thought it was a clusterfuck, I'm in the minority here I know but my opinion is awful compared to first class.

What was awful? DoFP? Dafuq?

Posted Image

• Like 1

Realistically 230 million is locked for DOFP with July 4th coming up. If Fox does do double features of sorts with Apes and gives it a lengthy dollar run, I'm now buying into the possibility of surpassing X-Men 3. Perhaps it might take a September Labor Day re-release to do it though.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 4

Going by the fantastic opening of this latest Transformers film versus the number of whiny internet trolls who endlessly rant about Bay's "destroying of cinema," it's clear who's in the minority. But it's cool. Keep on keeping on with your crusade to warn America of the evil Bay. ;)

So you are one of those people who says critical opinion is irrelevant? Just because some Americans like Jersey Shore, Kardashians etc we all should just ignore their existence for how awful they are? Haha good stuff, btw yes Bay and his projects are awful. Enjoy the brain damage they provide.
  • Like 5

This faces less competition though. Outside of Dawn of the Planet Apes, there's not much direct competition and it has IMAX theaters all the way till Hercules. This can leg it out to 275 million.

If CA2 and DOFP couldn't get 2.75 multiplier than TF4 isn't getting one either. 

• Like 2