CJohn

Weekend Estimates | TF4 - 100M (Paramount sticking to 100M for the Wknd Est)| More Numbers on Page 1

I have GOTG breaking out and making 260M. Apes I have at 250M, but it wouldn't surprise me if it went higher.

If GOTG made 175M, I would consider it a breakout.

• Like 4

I do not see Apes breaking out... 

I sense first one broke out to a wide audience already. 

The first one only had a 50something OW and finshed at around 170ish. It's good, but I sense it could go way higher than that, there's room for it.

Meanwhile it's become the #1 film of the year in China with 115M for the 4-day.

Ridiculous. 

That makes it ahead of the domestic total. Can China outgross N. America?

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 4

9th UPDATE, MONDAY, 8:30  AM;Despite other’s estimates, Paramount is still sticking to its $100M number and that is what it is going to report this morning: $100.038M

LOL

Paramount wants that 100M OW, and by god they will get it. They have balls of steel

Posted Image

I wonder what fudging will be done for TF6. TF2 provided the famous Puerto Rico, TF4 has led to the 100M OW.

• Like 1

Hell no to Apes winning the summer, I saw the trailer and it's god awful. Apes with guns, no thanks. I will watch it of course because I have terrible taste in movies but come on.

You know that was part of the original Apes movies too.  This isn't a new concept they introduced.

TF4 has scored 115.8 million in 4-days with a 19 million Monday in China. 

To compare Monday will be around 12 million or so domestic. 

It will be less than 12m, they have to take some Mondays gross and add it on to weekend remember :P

• Like 2

Hell no to Apes winning the summer, I saw the trailer and it's god awful. Apes with guns, no thanks. I will watch it of course because I have terrible taste in movies but come on.

What do you want them to hold? Bananas? Apes with gun s sounds exhilarating and original. Thats more original than all these other blockbusters.
  • Like 2

Paramount wants that 100M OW, and by god they will get it. They have balls of steel

Posted Image

I wonder what fudging will be done for TF6. TF2 provided the famous Puerto Rico, TF4 has led to the 100M OW.

You meant TF5?

There won't be TF6 if TF5 flops, heck even TF5 isn't a sure thing.

What is PAR trying to do here? What do they achieve with a fudging like this?

Not sure imo Box office never draws people to watch a film.

I think for record openers it creates a lot of buzz and a lot of people check it out to see what the hype is all about. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

We make a big deal out of fudging but the studios don't care. After all, if they all are guilty, it's counter productive to fight each other.

Except when they open around the same time. Disney and Sony got into a big cat fight over the worldwide opening "record" of Pirates 3 compared to SM3.