#ED

Monday Actuals: Transformers - 10.5M

I think Tf4 will increase today.

I don't see why it would increase today. The July 1st holiday is not very kind to movies. Just like the 4th isn't it. It's the night before that movies do well. This is why the drops were softer on Monday then normal.
  • Like 7

Is there a way for anyone to see how the Milwaukee area did yesterday.  I don't know if theaters were affected but there were a 100,000 people without power.

• Like 2

Plus tuesday's in canada anyway behave like a holiday. As an opener TF4 would do well to stay flat. Wednesday it will drop quite a bit but increase quite a bit on thursday. Friday should drop again and saturday should see a good increase(better than normal saturday). Sunday will drop normally.

• Like 1

no I mean it will not increase much but likely stay flat.

Friday will stay flat from Thrusday.

Also you are wrong Baumer, Canada day is a big day at the movies.

Day business is always huge even if late night suffers. 

I don't think films will drop on Friday. But they will have a very soft increase. If you look back at 2008 the increases were between about 10 and 20 percent.

• Like 1

Movies are more frontloaded these days and TF4 will not beat that trend. it will fall hard for sure.

However I have a feeling its going to have far better legs then Godzilla and Spiderman. 

Should be around 180 million by Sunday already. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

That's kind of a low bar. The real question is if it can get past LEGO and Cap.

Depends Tf3 actually had decent legs compared to a lot of the films this year. 

Imo if it drops 60% this week and 50% against Apes and 50% after still ends up in high 240's I think. 

• Like 1

Revenge of the Fallen scored 14M+ on its first Monday, and it has amassed 200M before then. 

And seeing how that film went on to gross 202M from there, all signs point to nothing this summer scoring 300M overall.

I think its not more of an indictment on transformers 4 but how lame this summer bas been. 

• Like 1

However I have a feeling its going to have far better legs then Godzilla and Spiderman. 

Should be around 180 million by Sunday already. 

if it does not hold better than godzilla with summer weekdays and holiday 2nd weekend, it needs back to back 70% drops. That aint happening. I am seeing back to back 60% drops and finish between 230-250M. Cap2 will keep the yearly lead until December. buttholessssss

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

if it does not hold better than godzilla with summer weekdays and holiday 2nd weekend, it needs back to back 70% drops. That aint happening. I am seeing back to back 60% drops and finish between 230-250M. Cap2 will keep the yearly lead until December.

why will it have back to back 60% drops? 

I think there is no basis for that apart from "I think it sucks so it should drop bad" 

• Like 3