#ED

Wknd #s: TF4 - 36.4M | Tam - 21.2M (32.9M) | DUFE - 9.5M (15M) | ETE - 8.3M (13.5M) | pg49 (We love the 90s/70s)

Well, there's Jolie's Cleo which probably got most chance being made out of all the various sword&sandal blockbusters projects. They really fallen out of popularity for a good decade :(

Yeah, I hope it gets made and is good.

And I asked someone for the post where according to him I said I liked Maleficent but he didn't reply. Probably still trying to find a post that never existed.

Let me clear this out for everyone:

I would have never been interested in watching Maleficent had it not been for the incredible Angelina Jolie! Disney movies are not my thing. And aren't they meant for kids anyway?

As a film it was not good for me but Angelina was amazing. And the message that the film gave was more powerful than what kids get through any of these stupid comic book films. In my opinion, it is a great watch for kids just for that reason.

So as I said before, the only film that I liked this summer was Edge of Tomorrow. Everything else that I watched was basically crap!

And I asked someone for the post where according to him I said I liked Maleficent but he didn't reply. Probably still trying to find a post that never existed.

I would have never been interested in watching Maleficent had it not been for the incredible Angelina Jolie! Disney movies are not my thing. And aren't they meant for kids anyway?

As a film it was not good for me but Angelina was amazing. And the message that the film gave was more powerful than what kids get through any of these stupid comic book films. In my opinion, it is a great watch for kids just for that reason.

So as I said before, the only film that I liked this summer was Edge of Tomorrow. Everything else that I watched was basically crap!

:ban:

• Like 1

Marvel, Lucasfilm, and Pixar are wholly owned subsidiaries of Disney. Disney has complete say in what they do. (And in the case of Pixar, they have the same head creative folks as WDAS.)

Well, it is different. Disney is just the distributor there. But there was never a question about Disney owning Dreamworks. Since they are the distributor, they do have control over release dates and probably some advertising.

Disney are not going to tell Marvel how to make their films. Maybe in the future, but now? No.

When Disney bought Pixar, Lasseter, from Pixar became the head of the entire animated division, not the other way around. No one from Disney is forcing Pixar to make their films more "Disney like" and why would they, when they have their own animated division to make their films? Like I said, Cars 2 was an exception, but even then, Pixar were simply asked to make Cars 2, they could have done it in any way possible but they screwed themselves over by going ahead with such a terrible script. They've also been affected more by the attention-split that Lasseter and Catmull have had to make as well as members of the brain trust leaving.

Cinemasins takes out the joy of watching movies. 

I hate Cinemasins and Honest Trailers.

Cinemasins is absolute garbage, people who take that shit seriously on any level shouldn't be watching movies.  Honest trailers can be funny sometimes though, the new one of Transformers 2 is great.

• Like 2

Disney are not going to tell Marvel how to make their films. Maybe in the future, but now? No.

When Disney bought Pixar, Lasseter, from Pixar became the head of the entire animated division, not the other way around. No one from Disney is forcing Pixar to make their films more "Disney like" and why would they, when they have their own animated division to make their films?, they could have done it in any way possible but they screwed themselves over by going ahead with such a terrible script. They've also been affected more by the attention-split that Lasseter and Catmull have had to make as well as members of the brain trust leaving.

please, Pixar making endless sequels is clear sign of interference

Like I said, Cars 2 was an exception, but even then, Pixar were simply asked to make Cars 2

humm right. Tell me again, how do you know that?

• Like 1

I know it's your opinion but I think you'd enjoy movies more if you can get rid of that "movies for kids" barrier. The benefit of being a grown up is you CAN watch and enjoy every movie you want, kids can't.

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

If Disney is giving Marvel any advice these days, it's keep doing what you're doing

I honestly didn't know that following box office meant people became oblivious to house style and so "studio" aligned.

There is absolutely zero that connects Paranormal Activity: Marked Ones to Noah to Transformers 4. There is no "Paramount style".

Heaven is for Real and Think Like A Man Too and 22 Jump Street and TASM2? A Sony mandate across them all?

Has nobody noticed that Disney does not ever make horror films? Or R-rated comedies? Or thrillers? There is a huge swathe of genres that Disney will not ever touch. They created "Hollywood Pictures" and "Touchstone" for this very reason, to distance those movies from being called "Disney movies". Disney movies are really only family movies.

I don't know how else to explain to you this unless you think that Thor and Iron Man and A Phantom Menace were all movies Disney could have made themselves.