kitik

weekend actuals 7/4-7/6 TF4 37.050

This is awful news out of Dreamworks. At least we on the forum only were screwed in BSG, people lost their jobs.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-lays-off-dozens-of-employees-as-dragons-2-continues-to-underperform-100957.html

An estimated 40-50 employees were let go. According to the DreamWorks sources that the union spoke with:

The studio didn’t have enough features that required staff building front-end production elements, so employees in departments that were overstaffed—and who didn’t have longer-term contracts or assignments—were given their walking papers.

The studio gave no prior warning to the employees that it laid off and demanded that they leave the studio that day. There are reports that employees weren’t even allowed to return to their cubicles to pack their belongings. “I get that the company needs to be cautious,” one person told the Animation Guild, “but I talked to one employee who said she wasn’t allowed back to her desk. She was kind of upset.”

DreamWorks’ stock has plummeted 35% since the beginning of 2014. How to Train Your Dragon 2 suffered another steep decline in its third U.S. weekend, dropping 46% at the box office. The first film in the series, by contrast, dropped just 14% in its third weekend.

• Like 1

This is awful news out of Dreamworks. At least we on the forum only were screwed in BSG, people lost their jobs.http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-lays-off-dozens-of-employees-as-dragons-2-continues-to-underperform-100957.html

Name of the game for anyone who doesn't hold a staff position, sadly (which means, most everyone in the biz). Usually they do let you grab your stuff though.

I just kinda wanted to see the beginning which I haven't watched in some time.

I don't want to say X3 is the absolute worst thing ever. Origins is far worse, IMO.

Origins is basically the "pits" of the X-Men franchise. The opening sequence is basically telling you "get as far away as you can".

• Like 3

Name of the game for anyone who doesn't hold a staff position, sadly (which means, most everyone in the biz). Usually they do let you grab your stuff though.

So how do you get your stuff? I imagine theres personal belongings in your cubicle. Kinda f'ed up to me that wont allow you that much. Do they mail it to you or throw it away or eventually let you get it? Like anyone would just leave their iphone and family photo.
  • Like 2

So how do you get your stuff? I imagine theres personal belongings in your cubicle. Kinda f'ed up to me that wont allow you that much. Do they mail it to you or throw it away or eventually let you get it? Like anyone would just leave their iphone and family photo.

They'll probably box it up and have security deliver it to you outside. I'm surprised it happened on a Monday, usually these things happen about 5pm on Friday (less chance for someone to make a big scene and/or screw up the vibe for everyone else who's working).
  • Like 1

Apes is tracking for a debut in the 60M+ range

mtc apes 64 begin 3 {nm}  notfabio on Jul 07, 18:39

Thanks. {nm}  second gary on Jul 07, 18:42

RS apes low 60s {nm}  notfabio on Jul 07, 20:20

DL video: APES2 tracking $55-65M. (theater count in the video should be under 4000 not 3000)  Antibody on Jul 07, 16:38

That's around give or take what Rise opened to IIRC.