Blankments

Tuesday Numbers - Tammy 3.4, ETE 1.7, DUFE 1.5, Jersey 744k, TLAM2 662k | Actuals on p16

Apes is coming off a really well liked first part but I just don't feel anything for this one.  There's no real hype for it and nothing that makes me think this will do any better or worse than the norm for a big film this summer.  Wouldn't shock me to see this do around 200.

• Like 3

I'd be happy if Apes opened to $60 million or so. I think if the quality truly is as good as the critics are saying then it can leg it out to $200 from that. It won't be as front loaded as DOFP so good wom will have a more clear effect on it.

• Like 2

Apes is coming off a really well liked first part but I just don't feel anything for this one.  There's no real hype for it and nothing that makes me think this will do any better or worse than the norm for a big film this summer.  Wouldn't shock me to see this do around 200.

There's always hope. It's just been a boring box office Summer overall. If Apes does crap, you can pretty much give up on July.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 2

Apes could theoretically hold the #1 spot for three weeks if Lucy and Hercules bomb.

I don't see that happening.  Lucy and Herc could do poorly and Apes would still finish second in the third week.

• Like 1

If Purge Anarchy breaks out, this forum will be hilarious to read. :P

Really?  Why?  Is there a silent contingent of people here who hate the first?