Wormow

The 5th Wave | Sony | January 22, 2016. Trailer page 4

40 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Maze Runner made 100 DOM. I still don't know how that happened. That movie was boring as hell.

Still about 20 times better than 5thWave.

If there's any justice this should make 60m WW max.

But that would still make it a "hit", because it looks like it had a 25m budget.

PS: Haha, hadn't seen last post on previous page.

Edited by shayhiri

41 minutes ago, DAJK said:

They won't get adapted.

Although, I could see this doing... okay for itself. Budget was only 38M, so even 100M WW is a success (which it'll do easily).

Considering that The Mortal Instruments failed to make 100m, I don't know if I'd say The 5th Wave will make 100m, that easily, just saying!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

They just remade The Mortal Instruments and put it on ABC Family. I heard it really sucks, even worse than the movie!

Also we have The Vampire Diaries which has been out for years.

tbh the story of the show is better than the movie (because it was a better adaptaion) but the rest is true, the acting, script, vfx, score, everything in the movie is better than the show. So far, at least. 

It might be an unpopular opinion, but aesthetically, the City of Bones fuckin nailed it.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Considering that The Mortal Instruments failed to make 100m, I don't know if I'd say The 5th Wave will make 100m, that easily, just saying!

Haha true. I mean, 5th Wave looks better than Mortal Instruments from a non teen girl standpoint, and it'll probably fare a bit better OS, but Dom isn't doing much either way. 40M total is what I'm expecting.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Haha true. I mean, 5th Wave looks better than Mortal Instruments from a non teen girl standpoint, and it'll probably fare a bit better OS, but Dom isn't doing much either way. 40M total is what I'm expecting.

16 / 41 / 96ww, is my current prediction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

With that, if the budget is indeed 38M, the film should at least come very close to breaking even.

15/40/113WW

Not sure that'll be enough for Sony to greenlight a sequel, but I've seen worse unnecessary sequels to teen novels happen before. Cough Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, cough.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Not sure that'll be enough for Sony to greenlight a sequel, but I've seen worse unnecessary sequels to teen novels happen before. Cough Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, cough.

Sorry, out of likes :(

But no, this isn't getting a sequel unless is does 130-150+WW. Sea of Monsters was made because Lightning Thief at least did well in North America and wasn't just an OS run.

That being said, 5th Wave would have to not be a domestic flop either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Sorry, out of likes :(

But no, this isn't getting a sequel unless is does 130-150+WW. Sea of Monsters was made because Lightning Thief at least did well in North America and wasn't just an OS run.

That being said, 5th Wave would have to not be a domestic flop either.

That's a shame. :(

I think 5th Wave will do okay numbers. It's released in January, and it's budget isn't very high. At worse it'll be a write-up for Sony.

6 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

That's a shame. :(

I think 5th Wave will do okay numbers. It's released in January, and it's budget isn't very high. At worse it'll be a write-up for Sony.

Interesting weekend upcoming methinks.

5th Wave vs Grandpa vs Boy. Honestly, they'll all probably do meh to bad #'s but I always like when there are a bunch of mid budget wildcards coming out.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

5th Wave vs Grandpa vs Boy. Honestly, they'll all probably do meh to bad #'s but I always like when there are a bunch of mid budget wildcards coming out.

Most anticipated of this weekend:

1. Dirty Grandpa

2. 5th Wave

3. The Boy

....sigh, this is going to be a rough start.

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

This weekend is pretty much the definition of a dump weekend.

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

This weekend is pretty much the definition of a dump weekend.

Yea I know :( But considering I'm not exactly the person who can the same opinion as the critic consensus all the time, I may just end up liking one or two of the movies this weekend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, angeldelmito said:

Most anticipated of this weekend:

1. Dirty Grandpa

2. 5th Wave

3. The Boy

....sigh, this is going to be a rough start.

1. 5th Wave

2. Grandpa

3. Boy

my theatre isn't getting grandpa though :(