CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

How is Apes overperforming?

$73 million seems to be on the higher end of most projections. Plus it actually went up a good bit in Saturday business which was kind of unexpected if you ask me. Should have pretty good legs for what it is, too.

Random thought: if Captain Jack Sparrow and Ethan Hunt posted in an entire thread all by themselves, it would be the most badass thread of all time

lol

Aren't they the same person? How can they be together if they are the same person?   :ph34r:

Well the point is more people have seen Godzilla than the Legend of Hercules and I Frankenstein. Therefore there will be more votes for Godzilla as the worst. Not hard to see why it's #1 on the list.

It's hard to believe any movie could be worse than I Framkenstein. I originally thought I hadn't seen a 2014 release but so far I Frankenstein is the only thing I've seen. Which begs the question, what the fuck is wrong with me
  • Like 1

I guess both TF4 and Maleficent will end up passing DOFP at some point.  :(

At least Apes is overperforming, though I doubt it will have legs good enough to get it to $240-250 million. Maybe GotG can be the big breakout I hope it can be and overtake TF4. Though, still, that'd be asking a lot from it.

Posted Image

hope Apes exceeds all expectations and does 240++

• Like 2

Lol why is that a2kk my friend? I think I knew you back on BOM, you were an Avatanic hater like all the rest. But Cameron is a god among directors and he showed all of you.Can you imagine when Avatar 2 grosses 2.8-3.5+ billion? It will crush avengers 2 by more than Titanic grossed ever! Lol!!! Outstanding!!!!Tell me my friend, what do you think of it's chances? Do you agree with the experts that it has a good change of 3 billion or more?

Outstanding, Tele, you am good.

• Like 2

Posted Image

hope Apes exceeds all expectations and does 240++

Unfortunately those odds are quite slim. 

On the plus side, the summer is nearing an end so now studios will hopefully start focusing on the Fall/Holiday titles that could potentially breakout and redeem the underwhelming summer.

It's hard to believe any movie could be worse than I Framkenstein.I originally thought I hadn't seen a 2014 release but so far I Frankenstein is the only thing I've seen.Which begs the question, what the fuck is wrong with me

:bagoverhead:

• Like 1

It's hard to believe any movie could be worse than I Framkenstein.I originally thought I hadn't seen a 2014 release but so far I Frankenstein is the only thing I've seen.Which begs the question, what the fuck is wrong with me

I'll take your word for it. I'm one of the ones that won't bother to see it, lol.

$73 million seems to be on the higher end of most projections. Plus it actually went up a good bit in Saturday business which was kind of unexpected if you ask me. Should have pretty good legs for what it is, too.

Tracking doesn't mean shit, imo.  We all knew it would open in the 70's.  

• Like 2

Tracking doesn't mean shit, imo.  We all knew it would open in the 70's.  

I actually changed my prediction from 75M OW to 70M OW on Thursday so... I had my doubts. 

Edited by CJohn

I'm with you.  I, Frank was horrible.  Godzilla is worse.  That is stunning.