CJohn

Weeknd Official Est: Apes 2 - 73M | Friday Numbers and Saturday Numbers on Page 1

I been in Vegas all week and come back to you bums talking the same old crap. Well I guess the financial info is something new, lol. 

And you guys quit teasing Kelli about planning dinner parties. Women love doing that sort of thing every now and again. 

Edited by ECSTASY
  • Like 6

Actually, it *is* probably closer to Asimov than Lucas.

I dunno, Avatar never really tried to scientifically explain anything or ground itself. Even Lucas made more of an effort with the midichlorians nonsense than I remember Avatar doing.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

Your family has some funny comments about movies.  :lol:

Unfortunately, they're almost all negative comments towards GOTG D:

How did you like it Claire :)?  I thought it was pretty good. Had some insanely

funny moments.

DOSE END CREDITS

Thanks, I think you might like it.

I'm looking forward to reading it :)

• Like 2

Genre is as much about presentation as it is about plot and setting. Black Swan, at face value, is just a drama about a dancer struggling with family and peer pressure, but Aronofsky turns it into a full-blown horror movie with how he stages her hallucinations. The way the science is presented in Avatar makes it seem as much like fantasy.

I think this is something of a category error. In the broadest sense, almost all sci-fi can also be called fantasy. Avatar is, fairly indisputably, a sci-fi movie.

• Like 2

No shame in liking the show, imo, but fanfictions make me want to emulate that angry computer guy gif.

To be fair, the one I read would've been an excellent procedural TV show. The writing was good too. The only issue was... the ponies. :P

I still watch the show though; just avoid the fanfictions

I dunno, Avatar never really tried to scientifically explain anything. Even Lucas made more of an effort with the midichlorians nonsense than I remember Avatar doing.

Well, it does and I fully concede that. I still think the tone and limited relevance of those explanations to the main story shift it to the fantasy side of the speculativefictionmeter.

• Like 1