baumer

Harry Potter dominated the box office for a decade, there will never be another series like it.

I think DH1 is only popular with the fanbase.

I remember watching it with all my friends and found it like HBP. 

However we likely all have bad taste as we all liked Hp3 and Hp4 the most. 

However I do agree compared to Hp5 and 6, DH1 was much better. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I never get why Hermonie and Harry weren't shipped, they made to much sense. I thought him and Ginny seemed awkward.

I think the problem is that it made to much sense. It would have been predictable is they ended up together. I am glad Hermonie ended up with Ron. At least that is how I always felt about it. 

I do agree with you about him and Ginny seeming awkward. 

• Like 1

I think DH1 is only popular with the fanbase.

I remember watching it with all my friends and found it like HBP. 

However we likely all have bad taste as we all liked Hp3 and Hp4 the most. 

However I do agree compared to Hp5 and 6, DH1 was much better. 

Well...that's not true.

My 14 year old cousin who is obsessed with sports watched all the Potter movies last week and found his favorite to be DH2 and his least favorite to be GoF.

My sister who has never read the books finds DH1 the best. So...yea.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

I think the problem is that it made to much sense. It would have been predictable is they ended up together. I am glad Hermonie ended up with Ron. At least that is how I always felt about it. I do agree with you about him and Ginny seeming awkward.

It's predictable, sure, but it works. Plus they had been setting up the story for them to be together, it just took a u-turn in the last two books.

Well...that's not true.My 14 year old cousin who is obsessed with sports watched all the Potter movies last week and found his favorite to be DH2 and his least favorite to be GoF.My sister who has never read the books finds DH1 the best. So...yea.

It was weird, a couple of book fans I know hated the third one (worked me up with it being my favorite) and the last one (my second favorite).

It's predictable, sure, but it works. Plus they had been setting up the story for them to be together, it just took a u-turn in the last two books.

That is all true. However, I think Harry & Hermonie work better as a brother/sister type relationship, so I am okay with them setting it up, but taking a u-turn from it in the last two books. 

• Like 3

It was weird, a couple of book fans I know hated the third one (worked me up with it being my favorite) and the last one (my second favorite).

The most criticized of the films among book fans are GoF and OoTP. 

• Like 1

That is all true. However, I think Harry & Hermonie work better as a brother/sister type relationship, so I am okay with them setting it up, but taking a u-turn from it in the last two books.

I agree.But like Star Wars, they probably should've made out in the second film. Like all movie brothers and sisters.
  • Like 2

My friends & family who haven't read the books usually say either POA or DH1 are their favorite movies.

It's because PoA and both DHs are the best made movies cinematically speaking in the franchise. A lot of book fans tend to forget that movie adaptions are adaptions and expect a word for word copy book to movie (which isn't always best for the movie).
  • Like 1

I'd argue that HBP is one of the most cinematic Potter movies. Its reception grows each day. 

PoA, HBP, DH1, and DH2 are easily the most cinematic in my eyes. 

SS is a classic and is so fucking magical. 

• Like 3

When I Rewatched all 7 films, I enjoyed watching.

Hp1, 3,4 and DH1 the most. 

Gof has flaws but it was the film that saw the love angel come in...They became teenagers and well lots of fun action :) 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

I'd argue that HBP is one of the most cinematic Potter movies. Its reception grows each day. 

I would put it right up there with POA & DH1 as one of the most cinematic. It has the best cinematography for one thing. 

Edited by Empire